TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Found a sweet deal on 21" turbines, did some restoration, whatcha think?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Proxlamus, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Proxlamus

Proxlamus Member

Hey guys!

I found some 21" turbines in craigslist with a lot of curb rash. I was able to get them for a good deal and I sanded the curb rash out, used some filler, sandblasted the wheels and used Duplicolors Gloss Black wheel enamel and gloss. I used nickel slag to blast the wheels with the tires on. Obviously I did paint the wheels with the tires still attached.

Definitely a lot noisier on the road and highway speeds and some loss in range. But worth it!

What do you think?

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

Looks amazing (wheels and car). Well done!

3. mambro

mambro Supporting Member

+1 Wow, great example of what a diff some wheels make to a ride! All the sweeter you did it yourself. :)

4. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Software Engineer

Looking awesome! Well done.

5. Unpilot

Unpilot Active Member

They look nice but I gotta admit I prefer the original's. For some reason I never liked the darker wheels.
    Of course beauty is in the eye....

6. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Software Engineer

How about mine?

IMG_2591.JPG

Sorry to hijack your thread. Like I said already, your wheels look great. Nicely done.

7. Unpilot

Unpilot Active Member

Yep those are very nice!