Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found an awesome electrician to install my charger - Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you out there that have already gone through the painstaking work of finding a qualified electrician to install your Wall Charger/Nema Receptacle, know how tricky it can be. Whenever I'm hiring someone to come into my home to do any work I do as much research on what I'm looking to have done as possible so I can make an informed decision.

After getting five different quotes, I found that you really need to shop around because it is really easy to over pay for what in most cases is a simple job. On the high end I was quoted $1300 including permit and inspection and at the low end $550 including permit and inspection.

In the end I paid $650 all in for my installation of a 14-50 NEMA Receptacle including permit and inspection. The electrician I went with was knowledgable, he knew a lot about Tesla's and also knew what was required to file for the rebates available for the wall charger.

The whole experience was pleasant from the initial phone call, to the free on-site estimate, to the install. On the date of the installation they arrived on-time, got to work quickly and finished the job in 2.5 hours. My panel is located in my finished basement and required a 35 foot run of wire and drilling through my concrete foundation from the basement into my garage.

Everyones situation will differ based on the set up of your home so pricing will certainly differ from one situation to the next but I feel like I got great value for the level of work and service that was provided.

If anyone is looking for a dependable, knowledgable and friendly guy who also happens to have very reasonable prices I can point you in the right direction.

Those of you out there that have already gone through the painstaking work of finding a qualified electrician to install your Wall Charger/Nema Receptacle, know how tricky it can be. Whenever I'm hiring someone to come into my home to do any work I do as much research on what I'm looking to have done as possible so I can make an informed decision.

After getting five different quotes, I found that you really need to shop around because it is really easy to over pay for what in most cases is a simple job. On the high end I was quoted $1300 including permit and inspection and at the low end $550 including permit and inspection.

In the end I paid $650 all in for my installation of a 14-50 NEMA Receptacle including permit and inspection. The electrician I went with was knowledgable, he knew a lot about Tesla's and also knew what was required to file for the rebates available for the wall charger.

The whole experience was pleasant from the initial phone call, to the free on-site estimate, to the install. On the date of the installation they arrived on-time, got to work quickly and finished the job in 2.5 hours. My panel is located in my finished basement and required a 35 foot run of wire and drilling through my concrete foundation from the basement into my garage.

Everyones situation will differ based on the set up of your home so pricing will certainly differ from one situation to the next but I feel like I got great value for the level of work and service that was provided.

If anyone is looking for a dependable, knowledgable and friendly guy who also happens to have very reasonable prices I can point you in the right direction.

Can you please share the details of the electrician