Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found my "creaking noise" - anyone else have this issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m having a problem with my brand new model Y having the drivers side window not go up all the time or require multiple attempts to get it up. (😜)

anyway they’re going to have the guy look at the driver seat while he’s here trying to figure out what’s going on with the window.

Reactions: WyomingEV
I’m having a problem with my brand new model Y having the drivers side window not go up all the time or require multiple attempts to get it up. (😜)

anyway they’re going to have the guy look at the driver seat while he’s here trying to figure out what’s going on with the window.
Have you tried to reset/calibrate the window? Basically you roll down all the way and hold it for 3-5 seconds and then all the way up and hold there 3-5 seconds to "teach" the window and window switch.

Me too! It's only happened a handful of time,figured if I told them they'd tell me they can't duplicate it just like Lexus always did. I'll be curious to hear how it goes.

The tech took me around the car and showed me all the common problems that they’ve been running into with the model why. He indicated that the issue the siege generally have is the plastic rubbing against the seat and that you needed to install felt tape.

Have you tried to reset/calibrate the window? Basically you roll down all the way and hold it for 3-5 seconds and then all the way up and hold there 3-5 seconds to "teach" the window and window switch.
Actually the technician plugged in his laptop and performed the recalibration procedure on all four windows… That sort of ended up being the fix.

He went on to tell me that the new model Y don’t have the same kind of sensor in the window assembly… And that what was likely happening is that the pressure sensor they now use has an issue whenever you hit a bump and you’re trying to roll the window closed.

that is partially true as I have now been paying attention to it and it does seem to be the case… However, I’ve had situations where the car is parked in my garage and the window doesn’t close when I close the door. I’ve also had times where I’m not hitting a bump or any disturbance in the window simply doesn’t roll all the way up.

I haven’t had those problems since he recalibrated the windows, but I have had the problem where I’m rolling the window up and I hit a bump and it simply stops. That specific issue seems to be here for the long-term based on how Tesla design these windows using some sort of pressure sensor.

I leave my doors open to dry the A/C vents and evaporator coils to prevent the smell. Tesla goes to sleep after a while and if you close the door while it is still sleeping, the window will not go up. you have to wake up the car first and then it will go up.