Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found my Model Y MVPA - No email or phone call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stumbled across my MVPA in my Tesla account - as the title says, no other communication from Tesla...yet. The VIN is 00632X - anybody know if this is a post-factory shutdown VIN, or something left over from pre-shutdown?

Vistan
MY Vin I found yesterday was high 5,000's. No phone call, email or text yet. Based on what I have seen this puts us in the new builds as the highest I saw before was in the low 4,000's. We should be happy that we were not offered "rejected" units.

MSM, Black interior, Gemini wheels, AWD (NOT performance), NO FSD

I also found my MVPA in my Tesla account 2 days ago, no phone calls, text or email. I went ahead and submitted final payment anyway and within a couple hours got a text saying my car was on the way (from the factory I presume) and that I would be getting another contact from the delivery center to determine delivery time. Vin is 609x, LR AWD, deep blue, black interior, 19" gemini, no FSD. Ordered 5/19/19 (one year ago today!). Can't wait to get it!

OP here. My MVPA includes a $100 Order Fee in the car price. I paid that $100 to Tesla via a credit card back in February when I ordered the car. Seems like the MVPA should be subtracting the $100 from the car price. Any thoughts?

OP here. My MVPA includes a $100 Order Fee in the car price. I paid that $100 to Tesla via a credit card back in February when I ordered the car. Seems like the MVPA should be subtracting the $100 from the car price. Any thoughts?

If you look at the final amount due in the Submit Payment screen, the order fee is accounted for there. The "Pricing Details" breakdown on the Submit Payment section has the Car Price as the MVPA listed price, then goes on to show that the order fee has been paid. The MVPA doesn't list stuff like sales tax and registration, which are included in the final price under Submit Payment.

Same case here, logged in my Tesla account just to take a look, and I also had a MVPA with a 57xx vin, no call or text either.

Located in NJ. Blue/black int, LR AWD, no FSD, 19" gem wheels. Ordered late Feb 2020.

Thanks for the info. I'm hesitant to go to the Submit Payment screen until I have some idea as to when and where I get the car.

Same here. I did get a phone call yesterday, but that was just confirming I still wanted the car, and was from Tesla's main office. Nobody from my local delivery center has reached out yet, and I don't plan on submitting the full payment until that happens and I know a specific delivery date.

You will get a Final Price Sheet after everything has been accounted for, and it will break it all down... Here is ours:

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 13.39.09.png

You'll all be fine....

SS

I wonder how many Day 1 reservation holders have yet to receive a car (or a VIN). At least 1 I know of for sure...

I find it strange that people are getting their Y's that only put down the non-refundable $100 deposit.
Tesla holding our $2,500 seem to be in the dark waiting.
My hope is they take Munro recommendations to the line before my VIN is created!

Reactions: KRG21 and Matsayz
My first MVPA was in my account before they texted me to pick up the car. I am in NM, so they have to deliver the car to me. While I was arranging everything they gave my car to someone else. After chewing them out, I found another MVPA in my account a week later. This time I called the Las Vegas coordination team and they delivered my car on a truck to NM. I received it at 10pm on a Sunday night 8 miles down the road, but it arrived. The buying experience was the worst I have ever had, and this is my 26th car. The next day I had to call service to get my phone synced to the car so I could update it. I had to reboot the car twice to even get the screen up. my vin is only 363, so hopefully they have fixed this for you guys. I am already one service visit in to adjust all the panels on the car, as the gaps were about as random as it gets. The paint on the doors is 3 different shades due to variable paint thickness, but the rest of the body panels appear fine.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I had placed an order for a black MY Jan 2020. No VIN, no MVA since then. Yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and risk delivery delay by switching to MSM (was on the fence between the two and after looking at pics, decided I liked the MSM better). Today, I have an MVPA *with* a VIN in the 005XXX series. No phonecall, no email outside of the confirmation of change in color. Perhaps the 8-12 weeks estimated delivery timeframe is legit. Of course, this now means I have to seriously prep my garage. =D

I had placed an order for a black MY Jan 2020. No VIN, no MVA since then. Yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and risk delivery delay by switching to MSM (was on the fence between the two and after looking at pics, decided I liked the MSM better). Today, I have an MVPA *with* a VIN in the 005XXX series. No phonecall, no email outside of the confirmation of change in color. Perhaps the 8-12 weeks estimated delivery timeframe is legit. Of course, this now means I have to seriously prep my garage. =D
Glad it all worked out for you!

Reactions: Isakura
I wonder how many Day 1 reservation holders have yet to receive a car (or a VIN). At least 1 I know of for sure...
I didn't order day 1, but shortly thereafter (3/17/19), still waiting on a VIN. I have everything else completed except for the insurance as it requires the VIN for my state. I'm seeing my model being delivered on the west coast to folks that ordered long after me, so I'm assuming that since my car has to be shipped to Texas they are delaying the delivery. Hard to make sense of the way Tesla prioritizes orders. They certainly are not first come, first served.

Just got off chat and they confirmed my VIN and provided a very rough estimated delivery date of early June 2020. I was pretty amazed but I'm taking the delivery info with a grain of salt. However....! This allows me to move forward with getting insurance policy info so I can complete my profile (yay CT). Also, was unprepared for it being this soon and I still have 5-6 months left on my current lease. :p

OP here again. I decided to do a chat with Tesla. I gave them my RN and was informed that my Y will be delivered to the Carlsbad, CA Tesla Center (4 miles from my house) TODAY! In a couple of hours, I got a text from Tesla advising me that the car was being delivered to Carlsbad and that I should sign up for a delivery appointment. First available was Friday morning. The confirmation for that appointment said to bring my driver's license, proof of insurance, and final payment in the form of a check, if not submitted online.

Reactions: Isakura