Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found my Model Y MVPA - No email or phone call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a couple days after the reveal. Still waiting too. I spoke to my local delivery guy and he said they run cars out in batches by color. He said he had heard that they were completing a run of the red with blue next and said that I might hear soon on my VIN once the blue run starts. I'm not sure how accurate this is but it is better than nothing. I'm not in a huge hurry but it would be nice to know when to expect delivery as I have a lot of other things pending on that. Need to get trade in and financing nailed down (I'm sure both will be reevaluated since I initially filled them all out and got quotes in late March), need to have my charger installed, schedule PPF install, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed I hear something this week or next. I still have heard zero from Tesla since mid-May when they did a blanket e-mail to order holders. I would highly recommend for folks who haven't received any updates to check with their local delivery team. My guy was able to confirm my order and give me some more information than I got from the order people in Nevada.

I ordered a couple days after the reveal. Still waiting too. I spoke to my local delivery guy and he said they run cars out in batches by color. He said he had heard that they were completing a run of the red with blue next and said that I might hear soon on my VIN once the blue run starts. I'm not sure how accurate this is but it is better than nothing. I'm not in a huge hurry but it would be nice to know when to expect delivery as I have a lot of other things pending on that. Need to get trade in and financing nailed down (I'm sure both will be reevaluated since I initially filled them all out and got quotes in late March), need to have my charger installed, schedule PPF install, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed I hear something this week or next. I still have heard zero from Tesla since mid-May when they did a blanket e-mail to order holders. I would highly recommend for folks who haven't received any updates to check with their local delivery team. My guy was able to confirm my order and give me some more information than I got from the order people in Nevada.

I saw a lot of postings for the blue ext, black interior, 19s but no FSD in the last few weeks. Those VINs were in the range of 6xxx.
I just got my VIN for grey ext, black int, 19s, LR AWD, no FSD (Northeast) and the vin is 10xxx. I'm wondering if the blues were made before the shutdown at the factory and they couldn't get delivered during the various COVID19 shutdowns.

When you say local delivery team you mean where you pick your car up correct? Pardon my ignorance but how is it they have more info? Or are they more willing to be helpful? Did you just call and ask about your order number I guess? I’ll try anything at this point....

When you say local delivery team you mean where you pick your car up correct? Pardon my ignorance but how is it they have more info? Or are they more willing to be helpful? Did you just call and ask about your order number I guess? I’ll try anything at this point....

Yes, my local delivery center. I called that location and there was an option for orders and delivery. They can look up your account by the reservation number. My guy here seemed to know more about what was going on at the plant than my account person in Nevada. She just keeps telling me to be patient and she has no idea when I will get my car. He also clued me into the local showroom having a model Y for test drives. I'm sure this might vary by location but I've had a good experience here in Houston.

Just got off chat and they confirmed my VIN and provided a very rough estimated delivery date of early June 2020. I was pretty amazed but I'm taking the delivery info with a grain of salt. However....! This allows me to move forward with getting insurance policy info so I can complete my profile (yay CT). Also, was unprepared for it being this soon and I still have 5-6 months left on my current lease. :p
Dumb question but how do you chat with anyone? I don't see that option anywhere on my Tesla page