Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found my traded in Model Y, lol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well my traded in Model Y popped up finally with Tesla for sale. $78,700 for VIN 59377 with 10,019 miles on it. A brand new one is $79,990 before destination charge so they discounted it $1,290 compared to new 😄

They gave me $72,200 which I think was a fantastic deal... Tesla will make $6,500 on that and someone will get a slightly better deal than others since the car had full body paint protection film and window tint, lol. I still can't believe I was able to get so much... I think I paid ~$63k for it (FSD and Acceleration Boost) when I purchased it back in Oct 2020!

I never believed Musk for a second when he said these will be come appreciating assets... well he sure did prove me wrong!

Well my traded in Model Y popped up finally with Tesla for sale. $78,700 for VIN 59377 with 10,019 miles on it. A brand new one is $79,990 before destination charge so they discounted it $1,290 compared to new 😄

They gave me $72,200 which I think was a fantastic deal... Tesla will make $6,500 on that and someone will get a slightly better deal than others since the car had full body paint protection film and window tint, lol. I still can't believe I was able to get so much... I think I paid ~$63k for it (FSD and Acceleration Boost) when I purchased it back in Oct 2020!

I never believed Musk for a second when he said these will be come appreciating assets... well he sure did prove me wrong!
When did you trade it in. I have a 22 LR MY that for shits & giggles I put up for trade in yesterday with Tesla and was offered low 60’s. It has EAP, Acceleration Boost and 7900 miles on it. 5 seat, Red with Black.

Not long ago... um submitted and accepted my quote somewhere around 8/2 to 8/5. I was pretty shocked since it was higher than Carvana etc. (Though I don't think those companies give you any value for FSD and Tesla specifically did note that FSD was included in the trade quote). I traded in against a 2022 Red/White Model Y Performance and ended up paying like $3,700 out of pocket and ~$400 WA state sales tax or something. Resigned the same term loan so I lowered my payments by about $70/month and only had ~0.5% higher interest rate!

Also, never mentioned to them the PPF or tint so I know I didn't get any value for those (didn't expect any). Not a single mark on the car either... if you're in the Seattle area and want a LR today, it might be a good deal (at least a better deal than a different one from Tesla... that PPF and tint was $7200 and done by Alset Auto in Portland)

I traded in my M3LR w/ Boost, and they gave me $46k for it. (Three years old, 49500, cost me $58k)

CarMax was the best offer outside of Tesla, Carvanna and Vroom both low balled me terribly.
I'm trading in my 2018 M3LR w/Boost and FSD with 46k miles (red/white/19") later today for a MYP. Trade-in from Tesla was $41,800. Vroom offered $45k and Carvana $35,359 (ha!) A couple of months ago, I got a Vroom offer of $52k, so the over-inflated values of late have def started to nosedive.