Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found out my production delay is due to "repairs." Need advice.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I empathize with your partner. Apparently it's taking them weeks to "repair" my otherwise completed car, meanwhile, your car is built, shipped, and delivered in two weeks. You'd think at some point date of order would take precedence in the factory. Who knows.

I mean, I know enough about production to understand that it has to be a significant batching/bottlenecking issue, where there's more capacity to make cars the first time than to make them right on follow up, especially if the problem is particularly vexing. It's a complicated dance, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating, especially with little in the way of updates. Glad they at least got you some details. Hope you get yours soon!

Turned out it's being help up by a variety of QC issues, like one handle not extending at the same rate as the others.
I was under the impression they didn't even bother looking at that. My handles extend in a predictable sequence. Definitely not simultaneously. One's noticeably slower than the others, but it's not a synchronized dance. Glad they're fixing it for you. It's one of those things I find "mildly infuriating."