Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found this little gem on my $55K Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "Tesla will take care of it" crowd is a dangerous bunch, because, well, Tesla often chooses not to take care of it. If I had understood that going in I would've never ever accepted or kept a car with so many workmanship issues.
To me the fact that Tesla makes by far the safest cars on the road is so much more important than "workmanship" as you understand it that it's hard to express.

The "Tesla will take care of it" crowd is a dangerous bunch, because, well, Tesla often chooses not to take care of it. If I had understood that going in I would've never ever accepted or kept a car with so many workmanship issues.

This is why we rejected the first Y they offered us. So many people were posting being unable to get a service appointment before the 7 day return policy and when getting to that service appointment being told their concerns were "within spec." Plus the person helping us was mysteriously unable to see a dent in the quarter panel and it took no less than 5 minutes to see the second of 5+ fish eyes on the frunk. When she offered to have the frunk re-painted we thanked her for her time and left. Prior to that though she did at one point tell me my standards may be too high for Tesla, that her 3 that was in the 300k VIN range was not perfect and that she would be so happy to be able to put family members in this Y. Weird flex, she probably wouldn't last long working in a traditional dealership yet she was the manager of this particular Tesla location.

Hopefully when we ask to be matched in January the vehicle they deliver will be very much improved.

Prior to that though she did at one point tell me my standards may be too high for Tesla, that her 3 that was in the 300k VIN range was not perfect and that she would be so happy to be able to put family members in this Y. Weird flex, she probably wouldn't last long working in a traditional dealership yet she was the manager of this particular Tesla location.

I've been surprised at some of the things people report being said to them by Tesla employees. I know that working with customers in any kind of sales / service can be frustrating at times.. but there are some things you just do not say, even if they are true.

How long have you had your Y?

Besides the problems you've already had (cough)... wait until you're out of warranty. Read the dead MCU/DU threads... not so 'entertaining'.

We’ve had the Y since 4 June so we’re not going to worry our pretty little heads off for awhile. I’ve had my 3 since July 2019.

If you want to troll *cough* you can take it elsewhere. I’m unsubscribing from this over the top thread and going back to reading how to get my battery to recover range........

I think it's great that they didn't delay production for such a simple thing. They probably had an issue getting the little white pieces on mine but what they used instead looks like it will work perfectly.

That looks good. You got an August Model Y? It looks like Tesla has made improvements for that component, or at least the attachment method. This is a perfect example of Tesla's continual improvement process for all aspects.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
One reason why you never buy the early versions of a product. It may not seem like a big deal but over time I expect that material to be compressed, which loosens the pressure of the strap, negating it's purpose to provide support. I don't think the faux trim is dense enough to hold up over time, and I doubt it was tested for durability. Not a good look Tesla. Plenty of better solutions at the local hardware store like PVC or CPVC pipe cut in half or ABS plastic sheet bent with a heat gun.

I was anything but that, but thanks for assuming otherwise.
I did not imply nor say you were, and sorry if you took it that way. But thanks for assuming a general statement applied to you specifically.

The entitled customer that acts like he/she is God's gift and reacts when anyone refuses a request will find attitude reflected back at him/her.

Remaining calm and cordial works wonders compared to ranting and demanding.

Reactions: navguy12