Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found: Uninstalled, Palletized Urban Sc, Minneapolis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving through a commercial area in Eden Prairie today and I stumbled upon Tesla's overflow/backlot. There was a Supercharger on a pallet, label said, "2x72kw," or similar. It looked used for sure, and had sort of improvised cradles for the cables, which were very long for an SC.

I didn't know they had a back lot and I see a random SC cabinet and got all excited.

Anyway, thought it may be of interest. I'm wondering if they may install it at the dealer?

Or better yet....somewhere in ND.

Attachments

• IMG_0738.JPG
    IMG_0738.JPG
    424.8 KB · Views: 122
Cool find.
The extra long charge cables and crude cable holders make me think its something they probably use internally. All the other urban Super chargers I've seen look a lot more sleek and the cabinets and transformers are separate but who knows, maybe they're going to try something new.

So how would that work? I assume we're talking about a generator trailer like we see at some construction sites? What does a diesel generator like that put out for power? 72Kw @ 240V is 300A. Or, is it 600V? (Still 120A) I'm wondering how feasible it would be to hook up one of those as a temporary supercharger at a special event location.

So how would that work? I assume we're talking about a generator trailer like we see at some construction sites? What does a diesel generator like that put out for power? 72Kw @ 240V is 300A. Or, is it 600V? (Still 120A) I'm wondering how feasible it would be to hook up one of those as a temporary supercharger at a special event location.

Superchargers take a 3-phase 480 volt supply. A 200 kVA diesel generator would power it with ease.