Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found Wireless Adapater/game Controller Combination For Tesla Arcade Atari Games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still cant get the Xbox controller to pair with the MayFlash adapter. I've up-graded the Mayflash adapter with the latest firmware. Its in green mode, and still won't pair. I have two of them so I am going to try the other but not sure what could be the issue. I don't want to replace them. Any ideas? I might try the computer thing.

Still cant get the Xbox controller to pair with the MayFlash adapter. I've up-graded the Mayflash adapter with the latest firmware. Its in green mode, and still won't pair. I have two of them so I am going to try the other but not sure what could be the issue. I don't want to replace them. Any ideas? I might try the computer thing.

Don't give up! I remember they were a bit finicky when I first set them up but now that I know how it works I setup the second adapter very quickly.

What I recommend you do is plug it into your computer and get it to pair in XBox mode first. This way you can make sure it is working properly before plugging it into the car. It seems the car recognizes the XBox controller only at certain times so if you have not done the pairing correctly at the right time, it may not detect it later.

With my Windows PC, I think it is a bit more forgiving and I was able to try multiple times until Beach Buggy in Windows started responding.

Make sure the MayFlash Adapter fast blinks green and then put the XBox controller in pair mode and give it about 20 second and try pressing the pair button the MayFlash controller one more time.

has anyone worked out the lunar lander rotation controls for the mayflash+Xbox One controller? There does not appear to be an equivalent for turning the steering wheel.

I think some of the Atari games need to be tuned a bit by Tesla to be used with a controller.

Beach Buggy and Cup Head work incredibly well though with the controller & adapter recommended by the OP. I played both games and it's like I'm using a gaming console. There are several Atari games that also work very well win the game controller, so I generally stick to the games that work with the XBox wireless controller.

I tried the adapter and game controller mentioned at beginning of this thread. While it initially works - I can move up and down on the character selection. By the time the game actually loads it doesn’t seem to control the movement of the buggy at all. I don’t think I lost line of site with adapter.

Appreciate any help here!
I am experiencing the same problem with the Magic-NS. Works fine on PC / Switch, but in the Tesla works for a short period, then stops working.

You said you replaced it and the new one worked? I wonder if some individual units are drawing more power and it is causing intermittent issues on the Tesla usb port?

I am experiencing the same problem with the Magic-NS. Works fine on PC / Switch, but in the Tesla works for a short period, then stops working.

You said you replaced it and the new one worked? I wonder if some individual units are drawing more power and it is causing intermittent issues on the Tesla usb port?

Did you plug it in directly to one of the front USB ports?

I just purchased the Mayflash stick devices and X-Box controllers (red ones to match the car) and they don't seem to work in my Model 3 (I'm on 11.1).

The problem is that they don;t seem to be working with the Beach Buggy or with the Cuphead, but work with the older games. They paired just fine, I have them connected directly, not thru the hub. I have tried with two and with one controller/stick and neither seems to work.

Here is the interesting part: Tesla recognizes the controllers enough that it will load the Cuphead game, it actually lets me start the game and use the controller to click thru the story book, and advance thru the conversation in beginning of the game, but then it doesn't control or do anything, no button will make it do any movement or advance to the actual game, the Cuphead guy just stands there in the house.

I checked the firmware of the Mayflash stick and it is on the most recent 1.26.

I tried the beachbuggy game and in one player or two player it doesn't act as though the remote is even attached. It is completely non-responsive. Any advice? Is there a wired controller that works without any issues?

I was in Sam's club a couple of weeks ago, and they were clearing out their Xbox One third party controllers. I picked up the PDP Prismatic wired controller for about $7 - works great.
You may have a defective Mayflash adapter like I did. As mentioned above make sure flashing light is green and then turns solid. I had same behavior as you did and returned my adapter and got another (actually now own 2) which works perfect. I think this company may have some quality control issues.

Reactions: DCEV
You may have a defective Mayflash adapter like I did. As mentioned above make sure flashing light is green and then turns solid. I had same behavior as you did and returned my adapter and got another (actually now own 2) which works perfect. I think this company may have some quality control issues.

ok, good to know, mine glow red, not green. maybe need to return them and get new ones

ok, good to know, mine glow red, not green. maybe need to return them and get new ones

before you return, try this: Just keep long pressing the button until it starts fast blinking in green and that's the mode it will properly pair with an XBox controller. I had problems making it work at the beginning and it was because I was inadvertently pairing in a different mode.

Turns out that my Logitech Rumblepad 2 (wireless, 2.4 GHz) that I purchased > 15 years ago work perfectly with BB2 and Cuphead in the Model 3. It's nice to play with wireless controllers!

I agree. The wireless controllers are super awesome and compliments the clean design of the car.

Also nice how you can get the controllers to match the interior or exterior of the car!

before you return, try this: Just keep long pressing the button until it starts fast blinking in green and that's the mode it will properly pair with an XBox controller. I had problems making it work at the beginning and it was because I was inadvertently pairing in a different mode.

Yes, that was the problem, I was not in the "Green light mode". I didn't realize i needed to do that. Now it works perfect soooooooo fun!!!!!

thank you all so much for figuring this out - Tesla....best car ever!!!

Game Controller
I bought the following Xbox wireless controller after another one I bought did not work. It also comes in different colors, so I bought the white version to match the cream interior of the car.

There is no link to any controllers here?

I am trying to use my Xbox One (not Xbox One S) controller and they will not pair. Light is flashing green on the Mayflash but the controllers will not sync. Do they have to be Xbox One S controllers?

So I've been trying to follow this thread, and the other one here. I have a few questions. Is the Mayflash (or the 8bitdo) able to work with a PS4 adapter or Xbox 360 adapter via regular bluetooth on the former or using the PC wireless adapter plugged into the Mayflash for the latter? It sounds like some have had success with the PS4 or a regular Xbox 360 wireless controller in some situations, but I can't tell for sure. I haven't been able to get my PS4 dualshock (new version) to work iwth the Mayflash I have, and I have to us the PC adapter plugged into the Mayflash to use the Xbox 360 controller wirelessly, which is a little bulkier than i'd like. I hear some Mayflash Magic-NS adapters work better than others. (And I have the latest firmware).

Someone also posted a 2.5GHz wireless controller that worked as well. Does this mean it works with just the USB RF receiver plugged into the Tesla or do you still need a Mayflash even in this case?

Thanks for any info.

I picked up the Mayflash and tried to pair it to my WiiU Pro Controller. It did pair but it would not work at all. There is no response from any of the buttons (and yes I made sure to update the firmware first). I think this is Nintendo being Nintendo and having the WiiU Pro Controller and Switch pro Controller communicate differently. I will return this but I may just use a corded controller for now along with the cheaper wireless one I picked up already.