Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founder Edition Model S (#25) For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unique Founder Edition Model S with multiple features not found on normal Signature or Founder Edition cars from that period:

- Performance Plus Suspension (265 rear tires)
- Upgraded Recaro leather seats
- LTE enabled center display
- New battery and drive unit in 2014/2015

I was an employee of Tesla at that time; this was the 25th car we built. Many of these upgrades were done in subsequent years. Car is in excellent operating condition.

Considering selling due to space; but hard to let this one go!

Some additional information:

Signature Red
Mileage 78K (Battery and Drive Unit probably have ~40-50k miles)
Interior Tan Leather
Recaro Leather Seats
Rear Spolier
21" Performance wheels (upgraded rears to 265 Performance Plus)

As for price, have not decided on an amount. Really not sure I actually want to sell given the sentimental value of this car. If you are a serious buyer, happy to entertain an offer.

models.jpg

vin #5YJSA1DP0CFF00025 ?
Yes that is the VIN number. As mentioned earlier, the original build was a Founders Edition P85. (Performance Plus was not available at Model S launch.) The Performance Plus suspension was done some time later. During the short period of time that Tesla was using Recaro as a supplier for seats, these were also retrofitted to this car. (I find them significantly better than the original Futuris seats in 2012 Model S).

Reactions: buckets0fun
If you can put it in storage with preserving the battery somehow while plugged in this car will be worth 5x more in the long term future. Right now its a great time to buy one since the prices are around normal Model S's. A few founders editions sold for around $30k but 4 years ago

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla