TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Founders Reservations

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020' started by tstafford, Dec 19, 2017.

1. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

Does anyone know how many Founder's Reservations Tesla has received so far?

I'm guessing they'd report this for financial reasons, but maybe not.

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I'm expecting this disclosure with the Q4 report, probably in early February. I guess they might mention it when they disclose number of cars shipped in Q4, in first week of January, just as icing on the cake, but who knows?

3. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

4. gregd

gregd Active Member

5. shokunin

shokunin P85 & M3

Tesla's website is still accepting Founders reservations. I'd trust the Tesla website over a news website.

6. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

Tesla needs to keep the Founder's reservations open for people that have a discount via the referral program. There will probably be more than 1000 Founder's Series if they need to go over that number to accommodate those people.
    Tesla apparently owes at least 12 free Roadster Founder's Series cars to people that have over 50 referrals, according to this stat: Top Tesla referrers from the Tesla referral program #jealous

7. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

I would venture to say there is a possibility of the Free Founders Roadsters to become something above a normal Founders Roadster. It would be cool if they did something extra.

Thanks Erik

8. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  9. hly

hly Member

I wanted to click to click on "Jealous" underneath the above post but could not find that button :)

10. FlyinLow

FlyinLow Enjoy the journey

Reviving a thread in light of all those getting a 100% discount. Many more now that the Model 3 referral codes are being used.

Like all other referral prizes, I’m expecting three possible outcomes:

1. Referral program Roadster winners (100% discount) could be considered an advertising expense. Those winning by referring 55 or more are talking about Tesla a LOT. Podcasts, YouTube videos, etc are getting the word out to curious people and current owners alike.

2. Like the powerwall, Arachnid wheels, HPWCs etc could take a long time to be delivered. These people could have to wait to receive the discount, up to 100%, then pay the sales tax to take delivery for a few months to let paying customers get their car first.

3. Best case for everyone I think... Tesla will invite these100% discount earners to the “launch party” to take ownership of their cars first, before public buyers. This happened with the Model 3, though we don’t know how those people were chosen.

No doubt there are still interesting and exciting times ahead for Tesla and all electric transportation.

11. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

A good bunch of thoe people are not living near California. So picking up the car is not going to happen, I guess. especially fo European owners.
    On the other hand, I hope they keep the counter going for some time, as in Europe we don't have access to Model 3 ordering, and I'm expecting quite a few referrals for Model 3s when the order page goes open in Europe...

12. loco

loco Member

It has been a year since reservations opened and it's still possible to order a Founders Series Roadster.

Do you guys believe there haven't been 1000 deposits?

Maybe they already have more than 1000 but like the deposits on their account? Later they would announce that there was big demand and they wanted to keep everyone happy, so they will build 2000 FS Roadsters.

Maybe they have only a little more but wait because people drop out?

Other explanation?