Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founders Reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla needs to keep the Founder's reservations open for people that have a discount via the referral program. There will probably be more than 1000 Founder's Series if they need to go over that number to accommodate those people.
Tesla apparently owes at least 12 free Roadster Founder's Series cars to people that have over 50 referrals, according to this stat: Top Tesla referrers from the Tesla referral program #jealous
wow, lots of people being shady and creating new accounts in the leaderboard. No wonder they are canceling the referral program. Look at of them with no referrals then suddenly 50+ a month for the last few months

wow, lots of people being shady and creating new accounts in the leaderboard. No wonder they are canceling the referral program. Look at of them with no referrals then suddenly 50+ a month for the last few months

Say what now?

You can't just "create an account" to collect referrals.. you need to own or buy a car and have a Tesla Account with a referral code.

look at number 1 on the list and how much CO2 they "saved"
maybe it's all legit, but as someone with no horse in this race, it appears odd there are so many with 0 referral history then then suddenly refer 50+ a month in nov and/or dec
Yeah, so? You still need a car and an account to collect referrals. Somehow that person did it. Unless they hacked the referral program.

maybe it's all legit maybe it's not, but as someone with no horse in this race, it appears odd there are so many with 0 referral history then then suddenly refer 50+ a month in nov and/or dec... just look at the list

Somehow those people found or generated those actual referrals. I don't know where or how, but so far, there hasn't been any evidence or reports that the systems/servers run by Tesla were actually hacked to fake referrals. If those people didn't get those referrals, someone else would have. It's mostly a zero-sum game.

It's not zero sum for people with legit referrals, I respect your site what do you think? Does it look weird?

Yes, it looks weird, but I don't know how they would have gotten 50 referrals in one month without actually getting 50 real/valid referrals. You're asserting they bribed Tesla employees to use their code for $1000 each? We know that has happened in the past, but Elon only announced the end of the program yesterday, so they would have had to had started their plans at least one or two months ago.

It's also quite possible that there were dozens of high-earner referral codes that nasatech's site just never picked up until last month. There also could be data collection errors. The top referrals list is not an official listing. That could have been hacked as well.

If I was Elon, and looked at the program metrics I would have canceled it as well. There is no way to justify multiple accounts, the top referrer was only active for the last 2-months? Um, no that's an alt for another and widely known.

Even the biggest Youtubers weren't getting 50 referrals every month. So who do you think these mystery people were being alternates for? Agressive Google Adwords campaigns?