Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founders Reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
older accounts would have history

You don't understand, no, they would not have history. If the top referral's site didn't know about these referral codes up until recently, there would be no history stored for those codes. It's not like right now you can go back in time and see how many referrals any code got over time (unless it's your own referral code). The history comes from Nasatech just storing the number of referrals at a point in time by month, and displaying that.

way to defend them, because the old accounts show referral history... so you are saying they new top people that nobody was aware of the last few years, then all of a sudden they referred more than anyone?

The top referrer's site has only been in existence for less than a year or so, so there's no history beyond that for anyone. Yes, I'm saying IT'S POSSIBLE that his site didn't know about some of these recently found referral codes if those people never posted on the forums or have a youtube channel, etc.

I'm not defending anybody. I'm just looking at the facts and saying 'yes, it's possible those are legit'. I'm not saying they ARE legit.

I'm just looking at the site referenced "possibly not the facts you seem to know" but the activity seems very questionable. Do you agree?

Yes, I already said that. But since I don't know how they did it, I'm not willing to assert that it was gamed.

number 1 in the semi referrals this week, is number 1 for all referrals overall for cars... how is that not relevant? If you say that is gamed, what makes you think the other has more integrity?

Because collecting referrals isn't as easy as submitting hundreds of fake email addresses for the semi contest. They are worlds apart, you absolutely can not compare the two.

I'm sorry, but I'm really done with this, you're just going in circles and I don't think you fully understand how the referral system or the top referrals site works. I don't know what you're trying to prove. If you are going to make an assertion, please stop being vague about it and just say who you think is behind it all and how they did it. I don't know. You can't just keep saying "it doesn't look good" without any proof or backup or explanation of how it was done.

Yes, I already said that. But since I don't know how they did it, I'm not willing to assert that it was gamed.

Because collecting referrals isn't as easy as submitting hundreds of fake email addresses for the semi contest. They are worlds apart, you absolutely can not compare the two.

I'm sorry, but I'm really done with this, you're just going in circles and I don't think you fully understand how the referral system or the top referrals site works. I don't know what you're trying to prove. If you are going to make an assertion, please stop being vague about it and just say who you think is behind it all and how they did it. I don't know. You can't just keep saying "it doesn't look good" without any proof or backup or explanation of how it was done.

someone could say, I'll give you $100k if you use my code and get 50 referrals... but whatever the system is broke regardless due to manipulators

someone could say, I'll give you $100k if you use my code and get 50 referrals... but whatever the system is broke regardless due to manipulators

WHO? WHERE? PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN. Are you asserting that it was Tesla employees taking bribes? WHERE DO THESE REFERRALS COME FROM? STOP BEING VAGUE AND JUST SPIT IT OUT.

Even if someone made that offer, those 50 referrals STILL HAVE TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE.

It's not like people can just fabricate referrals out of thin air.

Explanation:

Zac and Jesse.

They run “Now You Know” YT channel. Zac has saved a ton of CO2e and has had his referral code for a long time since he bought a Model S a while ago.

Jesse just bought a MR 3 literally a month or two ago, so his referrals are all since then. A new Model 3 owner who co-hosts an interesting YT channel gets a lot of referrals. Zac made sure everyone used Jesse’s code and not his after he wisely purchased a MR 3 to get the tax credit and timely referral code.

Likely they will keep one Roadster and sell the other three to fund the semi and the promised tour they advertised.

They have pledged to drive to everyone’s home city in North America and Europe to give them a ride in their 2020 Roadster for using their code.

The top guy bought a Model 3, has a large following on a social media platform and helped sell a couple hundred cars. Doesn’t seem too far fetched.

Yes, I’m jealous, but these guys put in a lot of effort to gain a fan base and did Tesla a favor by advertising.

Yes, I watch Zac and Jesse, and Ben explained how the #1 guy did it in one of his data focused videos.

Folks, let me save you all some time and headache here. The top referrer is Andy Slye, a tech-focused YouTuber. He made a video about reactions from people when he used his Model 3 as an Uber that got retweeted by Elon and the official Tesla account. His referrals took off like a rocket after that.

Reactions: HankLloydRight