Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founders series powerwall for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to get rid of before it rains outside and I have to cover it

Attachments

• PXL_20201223_220955291.jpg
    PXL_20201223_220955291.jpg
    871.9 KB · Views: 121
Sure, retail is $6200 with a solar system. After solar there isn't a credit I'm aware of. And this is a founders series, not just a powerwall 2.
I would take 6200 +shipping , or with a local buyer.

ITC credit is perfectly valid for a PW2 installed separate from Solar, as long as it is connected to a solar system for charging (been there, done that).

Reactions: kayak1
Are you selling a PW or a PW2? Looks like a 2.

iu
iu

I would be interested but I fear it would be gone by the time I drove two days to get there and pick it up. WIll those boxes all fit in a Model 3 with the rear seats down? Nothing better during a lockdown than a road trip.

Also fear Tesla wouldn't like me doing a self-install.

Last edited:
Are you selling a PW or a PW2? Looks like a 2.

iu
iu

I would be interested but I fear it would be gone by the time I drove two days to get there and pick it up. WIll those boxes all fit in a Model 3 with the rear seats down? Nothing better during a lockdown than a road trip.

Also fear Tesla wouldn't like me doing a self-install.

You cannot provision a PW2/Gateway without a Tesla Installer ID. Someone would have to do that for you. Otherwise, it's a giant paperweight.

The pallet won't fit in a Model 3, but the PW2 probably would if you took it out of the box (going to be tight - take some measurements).

WIll those boxes all fit in a Model 3 with the rear seats down?

The pallet won't fit in a Model 3, but the PW2 probably would if you took it out of the box (going to be tight - take some measurements).

I can't say if it will or won't fit dimensionally in an M3 ("never say never"), but it does weigh more than 250 pounds and is extremely hard to maneuver like that into a small car. I just had my PW2 moved between houses and it took four of us (three big moving guys and me) to move it into and out of the truck. I can't imagine trying to fit it into a M3 where you can't get one person on each corner (at the same time).

If you're serious about transporting a PW2 and the associated equipment, I'd strongly recommend renting a UHaul van with a hand truck and getting a few people to help.

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke