Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founders'/Signature Series plaques

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is interested in examining the signatures, I took this scan of my plaque before installing it. For example, three signatures to the right of the tip of the shield and one row up is an easily legible "Greg Renda". Just above and to the left of Greg is Elon Musk's scribble.

plaque.jpg

If anyone is interested in examining the signatures, I took this scan of my plaque before installing it. For example, three signatures to the right of the tip of the shield and one row up is an easily legible "Greg Renda". Just above and to the left of Greg is Elon Musk's scribble.
Excellent idea. Very smart to scan it at a decent resolution before installing it. Thanks for sharing.

I was strangely happy when I was showing a friend the car, had the doors open, and he pointed out that I already had my first scratch. There, in the door jamb, where I wouldn't ever see it if I didn't look. Relief, that is. Much better than somewhere where I'd see it every day, and it got it out of the way.

Not sure if i'd give that much credit.

At the Newport beach store they had a Roadster with a bunch of custom things done to it. (sorry I don't remember what they were). The buyer backed out so Tesla put the special edition badge on it.

Not such a glorious story.

We got #40 as a CPO. The plaque was removed to protect the identity of the previous owner... (as the current owner it's easy to find out who when you bring the car in for service). I requested and they provided me with a blank Sig 100 plaque to replace in that spot.

It IS a bumper to bumper 37 month, 37,000 mile warranty and the plaque void is within the bumpers.

Reactions: AtAge19
I bought a Sig 100 Roadster, #34.
Unfortunately the plaque is missing...
Does anyone know, how to get a replica of it?
Tesla doesn't sell it, but I only asked at one store. Maybe I should ask at every store, until they sell it:)

I posted this above (over four years ago); you might give them a call. Assuming they're legit to begin with, perhaps they still have the template on file.
Laser Etched Nameplates, Plaques and Badges

After lots of coordination, I was finally able to obtain the last blank Founders' Series plaque known to be available. I would like to get "16 of 27" laser etched where it belongs. Using the pictures in this thread, I have spent hours trying to identify the exact font and size that Tesla used for the numbering on these plates and every font I've identified as a good candidate has something slightly off. I'm very detail oriented and want my numbering to be exactly like how Tesla did it. I know it's a long shot, but does anybody here know the exact font type and size that Tesla used to etch the numbering (X of 27, X of 100, X of 250, etc)? Thanks!