TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Four days in, two error messages.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RyanDe, Jun 14, 2018.

1. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

Hope this doesn't turn into something where I have to hand the car over for a period of time. :-( I'm really loving it.

This happened when I pulled out of the driveway so I circled around just in case something else was up. I used the Turn Car off feature in the controls and it went away. I also rebooted just in case. Went for a drive after and all was fine, for now.

Interesting enough regen wasn't working because of this and boy was that weird.

The errors were:
    • Traction Control Disable
    • Automatic Emergency Braking is disable
    The kept alternative on screen, showing one right after the other.

Attached Files:

2. Chris350

Chris350 Member

Don't mess around..... Service it!

3. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

that wasn't straight after a car wash was it ?

4. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

nope

5. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

These particular errors are the equivalent of an ICE "check engine" light. The indicator could mean a whole bunch of things. Definitely take it to service and they will pinpoint the problem. For me, it was a faulty TPMS sensor. I've seen others report steering column issues.

6. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Definitely call support then. They can check on the logs for you.

7. Iwantmy3

Iwantmy3 Member

Have you had any word on what the problem was?
    It seems that this is becoming a "common" occurrence based on reports in the Tesla model 3 Forums

"Traction Control Disabled Please contact service"
    "Emergency braking disabled"
    "Autopilot disabled"
    The car then operates without regen braking and with reduced power and steering assist.

Mine is currently at a service center over this exact issue. Still waiting for some word as to the cause.

8. Scrutmonkey

Scrutmonkey Member

I've had this twice, each after an update and after maybe 100-150 miles of driving. the first one went away the next day and the second one went away after sitting in the garage for a few hours.

9. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

Interesting tidbit, this did happen after an update and after it went away (stop, start again) it hasn't come back. Guess I'll see if it happens after the next update.

10. Iwantmy3

Iwantmy3 Member

I should be getting my car back today from the SC. They replaced the SCCM.
    I have seen a number of people relying on computer resets to clear these errors. However, if my problem was hardware based, (SCCM), then I would guess that other people could have the same hardware issue if they are seeing the same problems. Rather than just clearing the errors, you should contact Tesla and let them know what you are getting.