Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four days in, two error messages.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope this doesn't turn into something where I have to hand the car over for a period of time. :-( I'm really loving it.

This happened when I pulled out of the driveway so I circled around just in case something else was up. I used the Turn Car off feature in the controls and it went away. I also rebooted just in case. Went for a drive after and all was fine, for now.

Interesting enough regen wasn't working because of this and boy was that weird.

The errors were:
  • Traction Control Disable
  • Automatic Emergency Braking is disable
The kept alternative on screen, showing one right after the other.

Attachments

• IMG_4327.JPG
    IMG_4327.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4812.JPG
    IMG_4812.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 84
Hope this doesn't turn into something where I have to hand the car over for a period of time. :-( I'm really loving it.

This happened when I pulled out of the driveway so I circled around just in case something else was up. I used the Turn Car off feature in the controls and it went away. I also rebooted just in case. Went for a drive after and all was fine, for now.

The errors were:
that wasn't straight after a car wash was it ?

These particular errors are the equivalent of an ICE "check engine" light. The indicator could mean a whole bunch of things. Definitely take it to service and they will pinpoint the problem. For me, it was a faulty TPMS sensor. I've seen others report steering column issues.

The errors were:

Have you had any word on what the problem was?
It seems that this is becoming a "common" occurrence based on reports in the Tesla model 3 Forums

"Traction Control Disabled Please contact service"
"Emergency braking disabled"
"Autopilot disabled"
The car then operates without regen braking and with reduced power and steering assist.

Mine is currently at a service center over this exact issue. Still waiting for some word as to the cause.

I should be getting my car back today from the SC. They replaced the SCCM.
I have seen a number of people relying on computer resets to clear these errors. However, if my problem was hardware based, (SCCM), then I would guess that other people could have the same hardware issue if they are seeing the same problems. Rather than just clearing the errors, you should contact Tesla and let them know what you are getting.