TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Four days into ownership and I have to take my baby in.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Wknapp0924, Feb 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wknapp0924

Wknapp0924 Member

image.jpeg As I was driving my four day old Tesla home from work today the car in front of me slammed on their brakes. Collision avoidance kicked in, but I still would have rear ended them so I swerved to right and went over a large wood block in the middle of the road. I felt sick!

I instantly heard a rubbing and pulled off to the side of the road. The rubbing was the driver side wheel well liner ripped off and was rubbing the tire.

I was able to pull the liner out and slowly tested the car out. It droce
    fine and I drove home.

When inspecting I thought I would see some damage, but not a single scratch to be found and the wheel looked
    fine.

I am taking it in tomorrow to be checked and have a new wheel liner put in.

I am hopeful that the worst case scenario is the car needs an alignment.

Anyone ever have something like this happen? Is there any additional damage I should be prepared for that I couldn't see laying under the car with a flashlight?

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

I ran over a curb in a drive through, it was weirdly sticking out and I wasn't paying attention.
    Curb rashed 2 wheels and needed an alignment

3. tstafford

tstafford Member

You'll be good as new soon. Hang in there!