Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four-letter supercharger groups

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jeeves

Feb 12, 2020
UK
Used the new Cardiff Superchargers for the first time yesterday. I plugged in several chargers away from the only other car there thinking I was obeying the etiquette of avoiding pairs, and it only got up to 25kW. Then I noticed that there are two groups of four chargers labelled A–D. I plugged into the other group and the charge went up to ~200kW. What’s happening with this new layout?

Used the new Cardiff Superchargers for the first time yesterday. I plugged in several chargers away from the only other car there thinking I was obeying the etiquette of avoiding pairs, and it only got up to 25kW. Then I noticed that there are two groups of four chargers labelled A–D. I plugged into the other group and the charge went up to ~200kW. What’s happening with this new layout?

V3 Superchargers have four stalls per cabinet.
So in a 2-cabinet site with 8 stalls, if you park in the same letter as somebody else you know you can't be sharing with them.

It's kind of opposite to the v2 pairing.

But I thought V3 didn’t load share at all?
As I understand it that's correct. Each cabinet is 1MW and handles four 250kW bays, so there should be no load sharing.

Presumably the four are labelled A,B,C,D to help with identification in case of maintenance/outages, since otherwise there's no need for users to pick the 'best' stall.

Introducing V3 Supercharging

Reactions: Jeeves
Can you remember which stall it was as i'll be using them at the weekend....time is money