Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four reasons owning a Model S has been bad for me...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. Today I got changed to go for a run, but saw my Model S as I was about to leave. Decided to go for a drive instead.
  2. My son asked me "what does it feel like for a cheetah to effortlessly burst from 20mph to 55mph". I tell him "let's get in the car and I'll show you." He nows thinks I need professional help.
  3. Planned 10 min trip to the grocery store. Ended up taking 30 mins because I had to show everyone my "frunk."
  4. Girlfriend caught me staring at my car today. She said, "I feel like you love your car more than you love me. Do you?" Very long and awkward pause ensued.

1. Today I got changed to go for a run, but saw my Model S as I was about to leave. Decided to go for a drive instead.
  2. My son asked me "what does it feel like for a cheetah to effortlessly burst from 20mph to 55mph". I tell him "let's get in the car and I'll show you." He nows thinks I need professional help.
  3. Planned 10 min trip to the grocery store. Ended up taking 30 mins because I had to show everyone my "frunk."
  4. Girlfriend caught me staring at my car today. She said, "I feel like you love your car more than you love me. Do you?" Very long and awkward pause ensued.

I <3 this thread!

Debated putting the seats down and spending the night in the trunk. It's really dark in my garage... as if I needed more reason :biggrin:

After only 2 1/2 years got 50k on the odometer. Never driven a car so much in my life; life average 12k a year.
50 superchargers ... they're great! Not all but most. Like West Palm Beach / Macon ... yuck.
I hadn't done a road trip in 40 years. Now any opportunity.
I find myself driving everywhere ... including 2,000 mile trips, to AVOID have to rent an ICE.
Thanks Elon!

After only 2 1/2 years got 50k on the odometer. Never driven a car so much in my life; life average 12k a year.
50 superchargers ... they're great! Not all but most. Like West Palm Beach / Macon ... yuck.
I hadn't done a road trip in 40 years. Now any opportunity.
I find myself driving everywhere ... including 2,000 mile trips, to AVOID have to rent an ICE.
Thanks Elon!

Whats wrong with the West Palm Beach Supercharging Station? Thanks

Ok, do not have the S yet...
Last night a few friends came over for movie night.
All the gals said... " Art show us the new Tesla Nest which we have been hearing about".... that's all do to my wife blabbing to them about the recent Tesla inspired, garage door conversion from 2 8 foot doors to one 17 foot door (wider for the Tesla and much easier to get in as we have a right hand turn to enter the garages).

Well that was a bit awkward... I just showed them the new door. Rather anti-climatic.

Next step is getting a few quotes for the new electrical service for the barn/garage ahem "The Tesla Nest".

I think I am in trouble.... Oh yah... no doubt about it.... the word is spreading....

Man, talk about your (very welcome) swing from what I expected from the title to the actual content of the post! :D

We live 180 miles from our closest service center. Our car had to go in for 2 days of service. I drove 180 miles up there in the morning to drop our car off, picked up the loaner, met with clients, drove 180 miles home. Next morning I got up and drove back 180 miles, met with more clients, picked up our car at the end of the day and drove 180 miles back home.

People wonder why I didn't just spend the night. Why would I? I get to drive an awesome car on great roads pretty much for free AND get to sleep in my own bed!

I only get to drive 41 miles/day avg for the next three years. It's been a problem to hold back so far, but maybe the urge to drive will fade over time...

The only excuse for driving only 41mi/day is setting max charge to 20%, which I don't think is possible :biggrin: kidding

I live 2.5mi from my office, but I tend to wait until like 9pm and then go for a 1hr+ drive. Sometimes I wish I had a commute, and then I see traffic on 101 and think there's nothing on this earth that could make me sit in that every day.

Just so everyone knows, all the above is normal Tesla stuff. Had my car for over 2 years and hate to drive the ICE, completely redid garage with a Tesla logo. My wife knows better than to comment because when we met along time ago I had a Jaguar XKE and she came into the bathroom while I was cleaning the one of the chrome wire wheels and tire which was in the bathtub. We were not married yet and shook her head and made a comment like "is this what I will have to deal with for the rest of my life". Plus all the money I save on gas we spend on drives to have lunch somewhere!

Last edited:
Post of the month! Do we have that here? If not we should!
I am nominating it for annual best post competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, talk about your (very welcome) swing from what I expected from the title to the actual content of the post! :D
+1 Being on the verge of ordering, I was avoiding this thread. Then the other half of my brain took over and said it needed to analyze all pros and cons. Such a jerk.
:biggrin: