TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Four Years, 107K Miles, Still Grinning

Discussion in 'Model S' started by omarsultan, Jul 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

#1 omarsultan, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Yesterday was the 4-year anniversary of this happening...

IMG_2373.jpg

So I don't get repetitive, here is the thread from my 3-year anniversary.

The intervening year has been pretty uneventful:
    • I am at 107K miles now
    • The car still charges to 249/250 @ 100%
    • Still on the original brake pads
    • Charging and driving patterns have not changed
    Repairs:
    • Had some battery fault (Rockin called me proactively) and they sent my battery pack to Fremont for repairs for a few weeks. They gave me a loaner 85 kWh pack in the interim that charged to 265 miles again, but TBH, I really did not notice the extra 15 miles. (covered via the powertrain warranty)
    • Driver's side door handle died @ ~95K miles -- first door handle failure for me (covered under ESA)
    • One of the rails for the driver's side seat developed some play (i.e. the seat wiggled a bit when I got in). Since Tesla does not have individual seat components, they replaced the entire driver's seat. (covered under ESA)
    • Replaced windshield--caught a rock (covered out of pocket)
    Wear and Tear:
    • The interior still looks great, no excessive wear and the paint has held up well (other than the aforementioned chips on the nose and hood)
    • Looking ahead, I will eventually need to replace both headlights as they have developed cracks (road debris). My SA says I can hold off until I start to see water intrusion.
    • If I feel like splurging, I might see up upgrading the seats to next-gen seats for better support--the original seats have held up well

That's about it. Boring, but I think boring is good. :).

Still loving the car and have no plans on trading it in anytime soon. Maybe for a next-gen Model S or next-gen Roadster. My wife's MX P90D has all the bells and whistles, but oddly, the only think I covet from her car is the auto-closing door when you step on the brake pedal. :)

• Like x 20
    • Love x 4
    • Informative x 2
  2. KL670

KL670 Member

Congrats on the enduring love ❤️

3. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Love hearing about an uneventful 100k miles. I'm at 4.25 years with only 62k miles ... need to up my road trip activity to catch up :)

4. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

I hit the handles on my S and it takes a nano second before I realize the doors aren't going to open for me......and I still get in and hit the brake to close it. :rolleyes: But I love my S more than any car ever owned! Congrats to you!!!

• Like x 1
  5. Tiger

Tiger Member

How many actual miles do you get from full charge? It is clear that full battery looks same but when you actually drive it in regular traffic how many miles do you get?

6. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Me too! After driving my wife's X, I'll get in my car, press the pedal and stupidly look at my door wondering why it did not close.