Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four years ago to the day...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
I lined up at the St Leonards Tesla store and put down a deposit on a car that was still 30 hours away from being revealed. At the time, I was hoping I’d get my car in about 2 years. In the end it took over 3 and a half years. There was a general sense of excitement in the line and a feeling this was going to be something special. I put down my card, took a photo of the reservation screen, and felt like I’d joined a new revolution. What memories!

Who would have guessed that 4 years later Telsa would become the most valuable car maker in the USA and the second most valuable in the world, be the first manufacturer in the world to sell more than 1 million battery electric vehicles, and that the Model 3 would become the world’s best-selling electric car ever, only very recently overtaking the Nissan Leaf.

Who also would have guessed that 4 years later we would be in the middle of a pandemic that is upending countries across the globe.

“We live in interesting times”.

I have to move interstate in the middle of this madness this week. I expect to be stopped by the police several times including at border crossings. Would not have expected that 4vweeks ago let alone 4 yesrs!

Yep, I was worried that I had not stockpiled enough ammunition, sick leather jackets, V8s on nitro and gasoline for the apocalypse. Now I find that having a Zoom Pro acct and knowing how to use it makes me basically the king of BarterTown. (Seriously, I have been requested to set up and then host more Zoom meetings in the last week than in the 2 yrs before)

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok