Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FOX Business News: Spreading the Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaks for itself really... [And here I meant the segment below…]

Posted by Lauren Fix, Sep 24, 2013:

Automotive expert Lauren Fix, The Car Coach, and Dennis Kneale appear on FOX Business with Neil Cavuto to cut through Tesla Motor's hype. Energy credits, tax credits, passion stock, the electric vehicle market are all factors that contribute to Tesla's rising stock prices. But is the automotive company truly profitable? Or is CEO Elon Musk just a marketing genius? Watch the segment to learn more!

Original source: Fox Business offers silly numbers when talking about TSLA stock rise (AutoblogGreen)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what I expected. I mean, this is why I don't take anything at face value, I research it myself. Even if it is Fox, of which I don't watch, people who short the stock and the company on face values such as this are simply insane.

This was a dumb segment. Hopefully that doesn't go into the snippy thread. :)

Honestly though, take away Tesla from this. This segment was all negative against Tesla and full of agenda.

They haven't drank the Cool-Aid like we have. But obviously the two guests are biased toward ICE and diesels. I agree to a point that the TSLA has gotten a bit ahead of itself, but I do think that Elon Musk has something here. I took one look at the Model S and I knew this is a revolutionary car and bought one on the spot (at least I had the rep call me immediately once I got out of the store). We'll look back in 10 years and and reminisce about the start of something big!

I thought I hallucinated when she said Tesla loses $11,400.00 on every vehicle! ... Well sure if you count that tesla has only sold 10,000 cars as the other guy stated... And what's up with the whole no quick charging, but they're working on it. Hello super charging. This just backs up my theory that the puppets on the news have zero critical thinking skills... Maybe she's been huffing too much diesel fumes from her Porsche.... There must be some pretty big fish still hellbent on shorting Tesla.

And the i8 the Tesla destroyer LMFAO... Starting price way higher and it has a fraction of the range as an EV. Nice try fox. Stick to selling wars and conflict and dividing the country.

I think Neil Cavuto invited the wrong analysts. He needs someone who does the research on Tesla and understand the strategy before they open their mouth. I also wonder if either Fix or Kneale ever driven the Model S to realize why customers are buying the car and willing to pay the premium.

I guess when she said "we don't know the numbers on the quick charging", she meant the 3 people sitting at that desk. Also quoted $125k for average income of California buyers, then called it a car for the super rich. $125k , while a healthy income (maybe not for California COL) isn't exactly a 1% income.