TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

FOX Business News: Spreading the Sheet

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by SwedishAdvocate, Sep 24, 2013.

1. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

#1 SwedishAdvocate, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Speaks for itself really... [And here I meant the segment below…]

Original source: Fox Business offers silly numbers when talking about TSLA stock rise (AutoblogGreen)

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I thought you were being tongue-in-cheek with the headline, but that's what they really titled the segment!

3. Bardlebee

Bardlebee Member

I don't know what I expected. I mean, this is why I don't take anything at face value, I research it myself. Even if it is Fox, of which I don't watch, people who short the stock and the company on face values such as this are simply insane.

This was a dumb segment. Hopefully that doesn't go into the snippy thread. :)

Honestly though, take away Tesla from this. This segment was all negative against Tesla and full of agenda.

4. SwedishAdvocate

It isn’t a play on words with regards to spreadsheet? I guess I’m still grappling with the finer nuances of the English Language… :redface:

5. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

I miss Walter Cronkite.

6. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

I love how they danced around the Supercharger network...

7. David Rhee

David Rhee Member

They haven't drank the Cool-Aid like we have. But obviously the two guests are biased toward ICE and diesels. I agree to a point that the TSLA has gotten a bit ahead of itself, but I do think that Elon Musk has something here. I took one look at the Model S and I knew this is a revolutionary car and bought one on the spot (at least I had the rep call me immediately once I got out of the store). We'll look back in 10 years and and reminisce about the start of something big!

8. sleepyhead

sleepyhead Active Member

"Porsche Cayenne Diesel - Best investment ever."

How can you say something like that on TV and then expect people to take your investment advice seriously?

9. Jonathan Hewitt

Jonathan Hewitt Active Member

My thought exactly!

10. Yuri_G

Yuri_G Member

This gives me confidence that TSLA still has more room to run. When Fox Business starts to harp that the Model S is the best car on the road right now, I'll start to worry.

11. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

+1. It's hard to take anything that FOX Biz states seriously. Seriously.

12. Subhuman

Subhuman Member

I have been thinking lately that the Tesla secret is out not only about the car but also the stock. After watching this segment i have realized the I was wrong. Time to buy some more stock!

13. David Rhee

David Rhee Member

LIKE!

14. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yes, it's a play on spreadsheet, but also an adaptation of a vulgar phrase.

15. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

#15 100thMonkey, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  16. SwedishAdvocate

As soon as I read your reply, the penny dropped and I immediately remembered hearing/reading the original phrase. Oh, well…

17. theganjaguru

I thought I hallucinated when she said Tesla loses $11,400.00 on every vehicle! ... Well sure if you count that tesla has only sold 10,000 cars as the other guy stated... And what's up with the whole no quick charging, but they're working on it. Hello super charging. This just backs up my theory that the puppets on the news have zero critical thinking skills... Maybe she's been huffing too much diesel fumes from her Porsche.... There must be some pretty big fish still hellbent on shorting Tesla.

And the i8 the Tesla destroyer LMFAO... Starting price way higher and it has a fraction of the range as an EV. Nice try fox. Stick to selling wars and conflict and dividing the country.

18. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

I hope that doesn't happen for at least 5 years.

By then Tesla should be clearly the best car company in the world and their entire lineup of cars each the best in their class.

19. jandkw

jandkw Member

I think Neil Cavuto invited the wrong analysts. He needs someone who does the research on Tesla and understand the strategy before they open their mouth. I also wonder if either Fix or Kneale ever driven the Model S to realize why customers are buying the car and willing to pay the premium.

20. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

I guess when she said "we don't know the numbers on the quick charging", she meant the 3 people sitting at that desk. Also quoted $125k for average income of California buyers, then called it a car for the super rich. $125k , while a healthy income (maybe not for California COL) isn't exactly a 1% income.