Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FP&L charging hours

jerseygirl18

jersey girl
Aug 21, 2019
Delray Bch/Chicago/Brklyn
Numerous phone calls to bots & no info on web to find OFF peak hrs for Palm Bch County FP&L
that are up to date..ANYONE have any correct info on how to find/ what the hrs are? presently just punting with common sense 12:30 am-3 am?? Thanks in advance

Oldschool496

Sep 27, 2017
Florida
presently just punting with common sense 12:30 am-3

There is no Time of Use(TOU) with FPL at least in this county. It's all is 11 cents per kWh plus taxes aprox 24 hours per day. Charge anytime you want it costs the same all day long.

Yes, though I do charge after 1am, solely because I am fairly sure I won't need to unplug and go somewhere during that time most of the time. If arrive home after 2 am it just starts charging right then.

Now they do have a device on some homes you can sign up for that cuts power to some of your big use items A/C etc for one to more hours during peak demand times. Its a credit on your bill whether they ever use it or not. But they have control and can shut those times off at will during peak demand.

jerseygirl18

jersey girl
Aug 21, 2019
There is no Time of Use(TOU) with FPL at least in this county. It's all is 11 cents per kWh plus taxes aprox 24 hours per day. Charge anytime you want it costs the same all day long.

Yes, though I do charge after 1am, solely because I am fairly sure I won't need to unplug and go somewhere during that time most of the time. If arrive home after 2 am it just starts charging right then.

Now they do have a device on some homes you can sign up for that cuts power to some of your big use items A/C etc for one to more hours during peak demand times. Its a credit on your bill whether they ever use it or not. But they have control and can shut those times off at will during peak demand.
thanks what county r u in?
I'm sticking to 1:00 figure its safest bet, but good to know in a pinch about no peak hrs

Lindamon

Jul 18, 2019
USA
I’m in Port St Lucie, FPL here is 11 cents per kWh. I don’t pay any attention to charge times. Pretty much keep it plugged in when I’m at home. As near as I can tell, the first full month of home charging cost me around $60, and I drove approximately 1800 miles. It costs $60 to fill my Ram truck, and that will give me about 420 miles. It’s considerably cheaper.

jerseygirl18

jersey girl
Aug 21, 2019
I’m in Port St Lucie, FPL here is 11 cents per kWh. I don’t pay any attention to charge times. Pretty much keep it plugged in when I’m at home. As near as I can tell, the first full month of home charging cost me around $60, and I drove approximately 1800 miles. It costs $60 to fill my Ram truck, and that will give me about 420 miles. It’s considerably cheaper.
Yes, I agree a lot cheaper. I used to fill my MB S @ $75 a fillip...so I am a happy plugger!!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC