TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

FR: Remote View cameras

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by bmc, Jan 14, 2016.

1. bmc

bmc Member

There are a number of times when I wish I knew what was going on with my car.
    - Parked in sketchy neighborhood/valet/parking garage
    - adverse weather
    - "Plugout detected" notifications

down the road, with summon, I would imagine it would be good to keep tabs on the car as it is en-route

1. Obviously real-time video would be awesome, but not sure if bandwidth would support. Especially if all comms are routed through Tesla VPN.
    2. At the very least on-demand freeze frames would be cool to be able to retrieve.

Thoughts?

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

Agree about the usefulness of video capabilities like that. Here's one I saw that has front and rear cameras and built in wifi that they claim you can have live video through your iOS, Android app, PC or MAC. Also hi-capacity on board storage. Works while driving or parked. If parked it triggers through motion detection. Hi resolution 32 fps. Price is around $400 not installed.