Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FRANCE /French don't have the right to get TESLA model s ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello GeorgeB, Jerome or Elon ?

I am a french buyer for a tesla model S, waiting for my model s to arrive...if it arrives oneday...

today i received a phonecall from my tesla boy ( which by the way is excellent, his name is Benjamin, and make a excellent work..)
Still i am disappointed and quite anoyed by the announcement he made to me...

i reserved my model s 85KW performance in June 19th, thought to have it for end the year... i was told earlier that i would have it before the end of the year, then end of the year, then beginning of next year...and today.... "at least end of January..."

I don't understand why american (or others) can get the same model s in a month and why french have to wait 9 months ( could be more) ?
if you can explain that i would be pleased to hear from you...

I speak about tesla everyday with people that don't even heard about it, i am passionate, and understand that it is only a car, even if it is the best..

but today i am really disappointed...

i saw also that my car got in production on november 1st ( for three days) and came back on "sourcing parts"...
Are there some other cars to produce before ours ?

Hope that french buyers won't be last one in europe to get their cars...

PS: For what it worth, today 1€ is worth 1,33 Dollars ( which makes that my tesla cost me over 130k Dollars...)

Regards,

Well it's interesting indeed how much priority is put on US compared to EU, but some tough love out there for early reservation holders. My order from end of September was and still is expected delivery January 2014. I can tell you that a friend of mine who ordered in 2012 and finalized in May 2013 is also getting his car in January (though right now the expected time is early January) so quite a long wait.

The November 1 "in Production" change was a bug/glitch. Pretty much everyone in the system changed to in production at the same time. It got a lot of hopes up...

Even tough... i just read about guys in US that have ordered in September and who already have their cars ? Why TESLA doesn't produce in the order number ?
for european, not only french, it is quite annoying !!!

Wonder if the battery supply issue is starting to hit production... If they delay my car I will cancell as they dont delivered as promised. I can get a BMW i3 earlier and its half price.,would be ok for me. Looking forward tomget the tesla but will act if they start to mess with delivery month. Did see a similar mess with Range rover Evoque. No info and delay after delay due to supplier issues that they never communicated. Will never ever buy a range rover again due tomthat experience. Yes did cancell the order. Hope Tesla will deliver and are not hiding any supply issues etc... Lets be positive.., no info on deliver in december and im out of here...

Even tough... i just read about guys in US that have ordered in September and who already have their cars ?

I confirmed my order on 29 September and have a delivery date of 21 December. Initially I hoped to get the car the first week of December or even late November but I think demand is high and now Tesla is ending more cars to Europe so even US deliveries are taking longer than they were a few months ago.

I confirmed my order on 29 September and have a delivery date of 21 December. Initially I hoped to get the car the first week of December or even late November but I think demand is high and now Tesla is ending more cars to Europe so even US deliveries are taking longer than they were a few months ago.

no don't worry yours is not delayed by mine... i have confirmed since 4 or 5 months and my production will only start in january ???? !!! there is something wrong for europeans cars... hope to get an explanation... i do love this car, but i don't understand that !!

Alemas,
Wish I could give you some reason or re-assurance for the delay(s)...
Please just be patient as you can be.

My advice: live your life, don't obsess about your car UNTIL you actually know when it will be coming, like the last week or so.
If it not yet ready, get your garage in order, have your electrical plug installed at home.
Start scouting for local and not-so-local places and hotels to charge (you will be wanting to take some trips - - trust me.)

It will be better than your best Christmas Day when your car DOES arrive.
The wait will be worth it.

Best of Luck!

hope to get an explanation... !
The explanation is simple: Tesla produces these days a lot of EU-Model S but that are still orders from early adopters. They have to deliver the high number of the old orders to EU. Tesla is shipping the cars in batches on container ships. End of November there are many deliverys in NL, D, A, F but that are orders from 2012. There will be a huge batch in Jan/Feb 2014 including your car.
The US-orders are not in the same row because they have different hardware and in there are no early adopters left in the US => Much faster delivery than in EU. I think EU-orders in 2014 will have much faster deliverys than orders from this year.

Last edited:
Alemas,
Wish I could give you some reason or re-assurance for the delay(s)...
Please just be patient as you can be.

My advice: live your life, don't obsess about your car UNTIL you actually know when it will be coming, like the last week or so.
If it not yet ready, get your garage in order, have your electrical plug installed at home.
Start scouting for local and not-so-local places and hotels to charge (you will be wanting to take some trips - - trust me.)

It will be better than your best Christmas Day when your car DOES arrive.
The wait will be worth it.

Best of Luck!
Thanks for your message