Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

France fuel price protests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I leave my Model S in the garage during the protests, as I really don't want to be blocked by protesters in an EV...
On the other end, media amplify a lot the mess, as always. This has been quite impressive in the Champs Elysees in Paris last week, but it's definitely not a new French Revolution :)

Yes, I leave my Model S in the garage during the protests, as I really don't want to be blocked by protesters in an EV...
On the other end, media amplify a lot the mess, as always. This has been quite impressive in the Champs Elysees in Paris last week, but it's definitely not a new French Revolution :)
Do you like to mention to protesters that you drive an EV?

No, you need to avoid that, as this would be seen as a provocation. Besides this, a Tesla costs quite a lot (especially in France where people tend to put less money in cars than in other countries such as Germany or US/Canada), and the french mentality tends to be hostile/hateful to people who have expensive cars. I know this may seem strange (and stupid) from abroad.

I see you are from BC, we have been there last august (Vancouver, Victoria, Tofino, Whistler). I love it! We have seen a bunch of Teslas in Vancouver... Unfortunately we had to rent a nasty ICE :p (Chevy Malibu)

No, you need to avoid that, as this would be seen as a provocation. Besides this, a Tesla costs quite a lot (especially in France where people tend to put less money in cars than in other countries such as Germany or US/Canada), and the french mentality tends to be hostile/hateful to people who have expensive cars. I know this may seem strange (and stupid) from abroad.

I see you are from BC, we have been there last august (Vancouver, Victoria, Tofino, Whistler). I love it! We have seen a bunch of Teslas in Vancouver... Unfortunately we had to rent a nasty ICE :p (Chevy Malibu)
It does not have to be a Tesla. The Renault Zoe is already common in France and they even run ads for it years ago.