Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Freak accident in St Louis... RIP fellow member..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In past decades the idea of trying to make bridges beautiful to look at also made them less safe for this situation.

However, we all know that it was not the bridge's fault. The fault in this accident is that the Tesla Driver was using AutoPilot and stats show she had been warned multiple times prior to the accident to exert resistance to the Auto Steering.

I sure hope you are being sarcastic....

I sure hope you are being sarcastic....

The first part, NO.
The second part, YES.

I would be very surprised if anyone actually thought the second part was serious. However, if she had been using the AP then if her experience is like mine, then the statement could be true.

Even though I am almost always holding the steering wheel and in control even when the AP (and I use AP for almost all of my driving, both freeway and surface streets) is on I still often get the warning. I am sure many others get it also. If someone were to look at my driving logs while AP in in use they will think that I only put my hands on the steering wheel after being warned. Of course this is not true, but the logs will indicate this.