Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fred Lambert - You have gone too far!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Buckminster

Aug 29, 2018
UK
At the time of writing these are the last Electrek posts in sequence:

Tesla slashes retail employee compensation, seemingly pushing them out instead of layoffs - Negative

Tesla store caught on fire in Surrey, half the building has been damaged
Based on the significance of the damages, it sounds like a few vehicles caught on fire, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that a car was the cause of the fire. - Negative

Tesla slashes prices of Autopilot and Full Self-Driving upgrades
It’s a bummer for those who already bought the software updates, but they will get EAP, which is probably not really an advantage for everyone. - Negative

Tesla launches new live service status update through mobile app
I just had a pretty bad Tesla service experience with my Model 3 this week - Negative

Tesla Model 3 driver again dies in crash with trailer, Autopilot not yet ruled out - Negative

Electrek Podcast: Tesla delivers promised $35,000 Model 3 – but at a cost, and more craziness - Negative

I defended you here for a while Fred - what was I thinking....

I remind you - Tesla made you.

Fred NEEDS to be critical of Tesla. Don’t confuse being critical with being negative.

My problem with him and his site is not that he's negative - when the negative thing is true. It's that he's in it for himself. And that comes through loud and clear in his perspectives which are all over the board.

At the time of writing these are the last Electrek posts in sequence:

Tesla slashes retail employee compensation, seemingly pushing them out instead of layoffs - Negative

Tesla store caught on fire in Surrey, half the building has been damaged
Based on the significance of the damages, it sounds like a few vehicles caught on fire, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that a car was the cause of the fire. - Negative

Tesla slashes prices of Autopilot and Full Self-Driving upgrades
It’s a bummer for those who already bought the software updates, but they will get EAP, which is probably not really an advantage for everyone. - Negative

Tesla launches new live service status update through mobile app
I just had a pretty bad Tesla service experience with my Model 3 this week - Negative

Tesla Model 3 driver again dies in crash with trailer, Autopilot not yet ruled out - Negative

Electrek Podcast: Tesla delivers promised $35,000 Model 3 – but at a cost, and more craziness - Negative

I defended you here for a while Fred - what was I thinking....

I remind you - Tesla made you.
Best feedback is to unfollow

Reactions: OrthoSurg
My problem with him and his site is not that he's negative - when the negative thing is true. It's that he's in it for himself. And that comes through loud and clear in his perspectives which are all over the board.

THIS.

He's not a journalist and he doesn't adhere to standard journalistic practices (and never has; referral codes for instance).

Why would seek news from his site?? And why would you expect it to serve any interest other than Fred's??

This is what Fred Lambert is mostly interested nowadays: Fred Lambert. Too much drinking his own Kool aid. There´s a reason Elon Musk gets interviewed by MKBHD instead
lambert_poseur.jpg
lambert_poseur.jpg

My primacy concern is how often Fred mixes scraps of information, speculation, sometimes lack of logical coherence, a rather sour interpretive bias, seemingly without awareness of which of the above is which, and all blended together for the reader, AND either ignores or spars in an intellectually disingenuous way with those who bring up flaws in his logic, or larger context that disagrees with his speculation and scraps of information. What's more, isn't Electrek not intended to be a sustainable energy and transport advocacy site (not that legit constructive criticism doesn't belong... that would actually be helpful to advocacy).

The biggest complaint I have about Electrek is that they never seem to include source links. All of their article links are Electrek article/topic tags. It's infuriating to then have to try to Google to figure out where they got their info in order to independently evaluate it.

Same concept if they have a 'leaked' Tesla email--they'll selectively quote it but not post the full text.