Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fred Lambert - You have gone too far!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who is a reliable source of Facts in your opinion?

Is Tesla a reliable source of Facts?

Is Elon a reliable source of Facts?

...just wondering.....
I consider SEC filings reliable. I believe the numbers in the earnings letter and P&D report, but I assume the text presents things in the best possible light. I don't consider Elon's blue-sky extemporaneous statements to be reliable - he's proven to generate a strong reality distortion field.

• Helpful
Reactions: OPRCE and Big Earl
I consider SEC filings reliable. I believe the numbers in the earnings letter and P&D report, but I assume the text presents things in the best possible light. I don't consider Elon's blue-sky extemporaneous statements to be reliable - he's proven to generate a strong reality distortion field.

Where does the SEC get its data from ?

Does Elon provide the SEC with their data?

Do they make it up?

The biggest complaint I have about Electrek is that they never seem to include source links. All of their article links are Electrek article/topic tags. It's infuriating to then have to try to Google to figure out where they got their info in order to independently evaluate it.

Same concept if they have a 'leaked' Tesla email--they'll selectively quote it but not post the full text.

Another problem is his "takes" seem to be random thoughts not even follow the main (unverified) story. A lot times I have no idea how he drew those conclusions.

Most people who go to Electrek are Tesla fans looking for good infomation. They are not looking for fake news, half truth or negative criticism of Tesla. There are plenty of them, and more than anyone would need, out there already.

Does anyone notice Elon stopped retweeting Electrek articles, even good ones, for a while now? There are plenty of others around, Clean Technica, Teslarati and InsideEVs whose articles Elon still often reweet to his 26 million followers. One thing I can say is one should never bite the hand that feeds him.

You are attributing malice to what I think is plain 'driving by the seat of the pants' without thinking too much.

The whole store closing announcement fiasco and AP price drop is an example.

Sort of like that (no malicious intentions) but I actually have an even better explanation. That's just how very smart people do things. He soon changed his mind after he heard feed back from store employees for store closing for example. He mentioned he could not release the info to them before it's actually announced.

See these two articles.

Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson: “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of littl...”

Billionaire Jeff Bezos: People who are 'right a lot' make decisions differently than everyone else—here's how

And didn't we see those "little minds" everyday and everywhere?

Last edited:
So...Tesla is accurate?

Elon is accurate?

Tesla is not equal to Elon. Their financial statements are a lot different, than what Elon says in a tweet, or an interview.

That probably has two reasons:
1) If Elon tweets, he doesn’t seem to think too much about what he just tweeted. The same goes for an interview, or a Q&A by analysts. But that’s totally normal for most people. If you get ask something you didn’t have time to prepare for, you will answer differently, than if you had lots of time to think about it.

2) Financial numbers are much easier falsified, than general statements, or predictions. So Elon might somewhat overestimate things on purpose, but the same thing doesn’t work with revenue statements. In one case it’s a hyperbole, or being optimistic, in the other case it’s a felony.

Reactions: OPRCE
Don't worry, Insideevs has usurped the Tesla cheerleader crown from Fred! They must now be getting bankrolled by pro-TSLA peeps, because they do nothing but shower praise on Tesla now.

Sorry, no, Teslarati take the grand price for ass-kissing. Elon could kill a puppy and they'd spin it that it was a dangerous dog, had eyes on a baby, and he should get a medal.

• Funny
Reactions: bro1999 and VikH