Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free 1 year supercharging on all M3 for rest of September 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked about this in an email exchange with my test drive Owner Advisor and he said that the only M3 Supercharger deal was for the Performance model (free unlimited SC for as long as you own the car if delivered before the end of the month). There's nothing for RWD apparently.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. :)

I asked about this in an email exchange with my test drive Owner Advisor and he said that the only M3 Supercharger deal was for the Performance model (free unlimited SC for as long as you own the car if delivered before the end of the month). There's nothing for RWD apparently.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. :)

That’s true for unlimited supercharging. However.... from Electrek article linked above....

“Non-performance Model 3 can also get 1 year of free Supercharging if they buy with a referral codeand take delivery by the end of the month.

The source says that Tesla made large inventories of those vehicles that are currently unmatched with custom orders, which is the main way for Tesla buyers to get vehicles.”

I ordered my AWD non-P on 6/26 and got it before the AWD etc pricing went up plus got in on the free Connectivity Package or whatever it was called. Still think that I got a pretty good deal. Tesla will periodically tease new upgrades or freebies or like the limited Supercharging. I’d rather have the package I got than pay more for the car and get a year Supercharging especially since I drive more locally and we charge at home. But good deal if you were still out a ways for delivery and wanted to be in a car sooner than later maybe. I guess for RWD it would depend what excess they produced. I know at their factory weekend events they had RWDs.

Reactions: Big Earl
Tesla really needs to get their act together and follow a consistent and predictable marketing strategy :cool:

Tesla’s problem is they made the AWD way too cheap relative to RWD. So they have a huge AWD backlog and RWD that is harder to move.

It will sort itself out next quarter but those who can get AWD before end of year is just going to wait.

When you have produced a large volume of cars and know some won’t reach customers before end of quarter and you are the end of the quarter with institutions and media waiting to pounce on you if your numbers don’t satisfy them, gotta admire the thinking outside the box on how to get inventory in the hands of people anxiously awaiting a Model 3. Sure delivery changes will be in the works come beginning of next quarter when we have some new leadership in place. But if this push is successful on a number of levels will probably be repeated to get as many cars in the hands of people before the Federal tax credit drop goes into effect.

Tesla is pretty good at changing up things as needed.

Tesla is definitely heading for deep trouble in Q4 with new orders drying up after the initial surge from the reservation holders for all three variants. Historical Q3 followed by lackluster Q4 for sure. what a mess.

Electrek said that they had 1124 Performance orders in two weeks recently. Extrapolating from that, using the numbers from reservations... It seems like there were approximately three times as many AWD orders as P orders, and they said that the AWD orders were matching the RWD orders. If that's the case, rough math says...

562 P / week
1686 AWD / week
1686 RWD / week

3934 new orders / week

This is almost perfectly in line with their average weekly production rate.

It doesn't include any foreign sales.

And, if they want demand, first start LE without premium package, and then start the SR model. And yes, once their new battery lines get installed, I think they'll make money on those.

Lots of demand levers to pull here.

Electrek said that they had 1124 Performance orders in two weeks recently. Extrapolating from that, using the numbers from reservations... It seems like there were approximately three times as many AWD orders as P orders, and they said that the AWD orders were matching the RWD orders. If that's the case, rough math says...

562 P / week
1686 AWD / week
1686 RWD / week

3934 new orders / week

This is almost perfectly in line with their average weekly production rate.

It doesn't include any foreign sales.

And, if they want demand, first start LE without premium package, and then start the SR model. And yes, once their new battery lines get installed, I think they'll make money on those.

Lots of demand levers to pull here.

Removing premium package necessitates an entirely new exterior and new interior. Not worth it.

They don't even do non premium interiors for the S and X. It's all the same minus color choices.

Expiring full tax credit is all the lever needed in Q4.

Removing premium package necessitates an entirely new exterior and new interior. Not worth it.

They don't even do non premium interiors for the S and X. It's all the same minus color choices.

Expiring full tax credit is all the lever needed in Q4.
maybe it will have a burlap material roof (probably a felt roof) and good ol roll up windows and manual seats, hard texted plastic for panels?

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
that will kill the company as their SG&A cost them $15,000 per unit it seems.. so they need at least 15K profit on each unit which is impossible at their current production rate.. they will loose money a lot and will bankrupt in one qtr

Man, it seems like I'm replying to a bunch of your gloom and doom posts tonight... Ah well, worth replying to one more!

SG&A for anyone who doesn't know stands for Sales, General (as in general operating expenses) and Administrative.

If Tesla's SG&A last quarter was $15,000, considering they did NOT double sales costs, operating expenses or administrative compensation in the past three months (as evidenced by the frantic delivery pace right now) that number would go down dramatically because they are doubling deliveries, according to them.

If they double deliveries without increasing anything, it would cut that number in half.

Using the released numbers, SG&A was closer to $14,075 in Q2. It wouldn't be hard to believe at all that Q3 will be closer to $8,000. That would represent a $100 million increase in SG&A for the quarter.

Worth pointing out - Munro stated the material costs for the LR 3 is $28,000. If you add $8,000 in SG&A to that and reduce battery cost by about $2500 (assuming only $100 / kwh), it means production of the SR car would be profitable starting now.