Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free airport parking in Honolulu is back!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did those that have parked for a week or more at the airport park in the EV stalls? Or is that a faux pas and for long term we should be parking at a regular stall?
Going on vacation for 7 days soon.

I would suggest parking in a regular stall as a courtesy. The EV stalls do fill up throughout the day--usually with Leafs. Myself and one other Tesla are there frequently though. If you want me to check on your baby while you're gone let me know. I'm usually there several times a week.

There's major construction going on at the far end of the domestic parking garage. I would suggest parking on a mid or high level of the international parking structure as it will be less congested.

I would suggest parking in a regular stall as a courtesy. The EV stalls do fill up throughout the day--usually with Leafs. Myself and one other Tesla are there frequently though. If you want me to check on your baby while you're gone let me know. I'm usually there several times a week.

There's major construction going on at the far end of the domestic parking garage. I would suggest parking on a mid or high level of the international parking structure as it will be less congested.

Thanks for the tip. Will do. No need to check on my car though. There will be absolutely nothing inside of the car. Not even the registration or insurance papers (yes, I'm that paranoid). I don't think anyone will be able to steal the car itself, so I'll just deal with any other issue if there is one when I get back.

Thanks for the tip. Will do. No need to check on my car though. There will be absolutely nothing inside of the car. Not even the registration or insurance papers (yes, I'm that paranoid). I don't think anyone will be able to steal the car itself, so I'll just deal with any other issue if there is one when I get back.

clear your gps too if your home address shows :)

clear your gps too if your home address shows :)
Thanks, but I don't think there's any chance of any would-be thieves actually operating my model S. They could get in, but being able to get the car moving, I don't think so. If they're that sophisticated they will not be jacking Model S. Not on this island anyway. Besides, there are other family at home and they are armed if it ever came to that.

Thanks, but I don't think there's any chance of any would-be thieves actually operating my model S. They could get in, but being able to get the car moving, I don't think so. If they're that sophisticated they will not be jacking Model S. Not on this island anyway. Besides, there are other family at home and they are armed if it ever came to that.

lol ... if they need help, we'd probably join in. :)

When I went to CA in Dec I had my car coated and they left it at the airport for when I arrived home. the good news is that the car was safe and waiting for me when I arrived, the bad news was they left the FOB in the car. I don't think the "bad guys" have figured out the MS yet. (so lets not help them)

When I went to CA in Dec I had my car coated and they left it at the airport for when I arrived home. the good news is that the car was safe and waiting for me when I arrived, the bad news was they left the FOB in the car. I don't think the "bad guys" have figured out the MS yet. (so lets not help them)

Yikes! I hope you talked with the shop and informed them of the error.

Currently ? You can only park there for 30 days before you have to drive out and back in.
Ever cruised through the lot counting the numbers of EVs parked there? Two times I went trough counting just Teslas, I found 50. And for just the Teslas there was also at least one Leaf.

There's routinely dozens and dozens of Leafs in the Interisland terminal parking lot.

Hi all, old thread I know... but wondering what the current status of this is - anyone know?

Thanks!

Things may change with Measure Status. Free airport parking would be limited to 24 hours if this passes. House and Senate disagreeing right now on amendments to the EV charger reqt for public places of the bill so fingers crossed it doesn’t pass this year.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: StephenM
Has there been any change in the status or is the 30 day free parking still in place? Thanks.

Another quick noob question: I'm getting my first Tesla 3 by year end, and would love to park there and pick it up at the end of my upcomign 6 night LA trip. Is there anything special that has to be done entering/exiting/talking to the cashier at parking to qualify, or do they just see that you are driving an EV/Tesla when you give them your ticket and automatically not charge you/open the gate for you? Mahalo!

Park and leave. Print on the back of your ticket your phone number and the car's tag number. Include the EV so its self-explanatory to all that your car is EV. Cashier might not recognize your car is EV so don't be bashful and mention that you are driving an EV. Be sure you go through a booth where the cashier is there vice self-pay.

I printed up some labels and stick one on the back of the ticket so its clear-er than ink. I use the same labels at Convention Center when I leave there.

Park and leave. Print on the back of your ticket your phone number and the car's tag number. Include the EV so its self-explanatory to all that your car is EV. Cashier might not recognize your car is EV so don't be bashful and mention that you are driving an EV. Be sure you go through a booth where the cashier is there vice self-pay.

I printed up some labels and stick one on the back of the ticket so its clear-er than ink. I use the same labels at Convention Center when I leave there.

That's good to know for us nob Tesla owners!

Reactions: Akikiki