Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free app for viewing TeslaCam and Sentry videos on your Android device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude... Awesome that you developed this. Unless you are thinking about selling it at some point, would you consider open-sourcing it on github? In my spare time, I may be able to contribute. I have developed hybrid apps, and it may be possible to convert your Java code to a hybrid platform for all the Apple-lovers out there (I'm not one of them - Android for me).

• Love
Reactions: jat255 and AOK1
Thanks! This looks really good.

Somewhat related question - I've been getting a good amount of false alarms with Sentry Mode - is there a quick way to determine which videos are specific to the Sentry Mode alerts/notifications? How can I identify the right videos that pertain to the notification given all the videos that are saved to the USB?

Reactions: NCDoc
Thanks! This looks really good.

Somewhat related question - I've been getting a good amount of false alarms with Sentry Mode - is there a quick way to determine which videos are specific to the Sentry Mode alerts/notifications? How can I identify the right videos that pertain to the notification given all the videos that are saved to the USB?

Typically it’s the last full minute of recording in the folder.

• Helpful
Reactions: NCDoc
I am not familiar with how / where the usb stick must be to record via sentry?
Is it necessary to place a usb into one of the usb ports in console so that sentry then records to this location?
Then I use your software to view it from files on usb?
Any details here are appreciated. I have a Dec 2016 FSD Model X with current Hdw 2.0 (will get free upgrade when available)
so I think it should work with my vehicle.

I have a Model 3 not a X, but the usb stick should just be plugged into wherever the usb port is on your car. It should work as long as you have a folder named "TeslaCam". (And a correctly formatted USB)

To view it from the app / software that the original poster is referencing, you would need an adapter on your phone so you can connect your phone to the usb drive.

• Informative
Reactions: MXn00b
Thanks for this very useful app!!! My sentry seems to generate a lot of videos triggered by wind blowing trees or cars going by. Any chance of adding a couple faster viewing speed options above 2X so I can review them quicker?

Typically it’s the last full minute of recording in the folder.

Thanks. What if the event happens 15 minutes after you park the car and set Sentry Mode on, but then you're away from the car for another few hours. Does the fact that the video is associated to the Sentry Mode notification have any bearing on how the video file is handled differently from the standard always-on Sentry Mode videos?

Thanks. What if the event happens 15 minutes after you park the car and set Sentry Mode on, but then you're away from the car for another few hours. Does the fact that the video is associated to the Sentry Mode notification have any bearing on how the video file is handled differently from the standard always-on Sentry Mode videos?
Sentry events are handled differently. They will be stored until you delete them. I left my car at the airport for 6 days and had 435 events recorded. Nearly filled up my whole 256GB drive. Good thing nothing happened, would have taken me forever to find the offending incident.;)