Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free app for viewing TeslaCam and Sentry videos on your Android device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, first post here! Just wanted to let everybody know that I made a free Android app for viewing TeslaCam and Sentry videos on Android devices. This requires an OTG adapter to plug your USB stick into your phone. Once you have one, just plug it in, run this app, find your TeslaCam folder and you can review each event easily, scrub through it to see if anything happened, and delete it if you'd like.

Keep an OTG adapter in the car and you can review your Sentry videos as soon as you get in and see the 'X events recorded' notification.

The app is called TeslaCam / Sentry Reviewer on Google Play here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snailboat.teslacamreviewer

Picture of it in action:
3FynXpF.jpg

I am constantly updating it and adding new features, so please let me know if you have any trouble with it or would like a feature to be implemented. I'm working on adding zooming, exporting, and some other features now. All current functionality is and will remain totally free but I may add a single-time 'premium' in-app purchase soon that enables some bells and whistles. May add an iOS version soon as well!

Been using it the past few days and love it. This saves me so much time brining my usb drive into my house to plug into my computer. Cant wait for future updates for more features (especially the features that that one reviewer has suggested for stitching, guessing the start clip of when the event happened, more playback speeds, and auto drive detection!)

Hey, first post here! Just wanted to let everybody know that I made a free Android app for viewing TeslaCam and Sentry videos on Android devices. This requires an OTG adapter to plug your USB stick into your phone. Once you have one, just plug it in, run this app, find your TeslaCam folder and you can review each event easily, scrub through it to see if anything happened, and delete it if you'd like.

Keep an OTG adapter in the car and you can review your Sentry videos as soon as you get in and see the 'X events recorded' notification.

The app is called TeslaCam / Sentry Reviewer on Google Play here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snailboat.teslacamreviewer

Picture of it in action:
3FynXpF.jpg

I am constantly updating it and adding new features, so please let me know if you have any trouble with it or would like a feature to be implemented. I'm working on adding zooming, exporting, and some other features now. All current functionality is and will remain totally free but I may add a single-time 'premium' in-app purchase soon that enables some bells and whistles. May add an iOS version soon as well!

Got it...but it won't play the videos. Using Note 8 with the newest OS. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Do you mean that it was able to load the list of events but when you click into one to review it, none of the 3 videos will play? I haven't seen that issue before but I read somewhere that AP3 might change the video format. Does your car have AP3?

Thanks for sharing! I just installed and will try it out later on today. I had wanted to write something like this, but have never developed an Android app, so the learning curve was just a bit too steep. Glad you took on the challenge!

This is a great easy to use app. I have been using a dual USB flash drive that you can plug into the 3.0 in the car and it also has a usb-c for my phone so there ís no adapter needed. I bought a 64gb and it haß more than enough space.
Here is a link for one for $14 https://m.newegg.com/sandisk-model-sdddc2-064g-g46-64gb/p/N82E16820173270?item=N82E16820173270&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Memory (USB Flash Drive)-_-N82E16820173270&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=12920453&PID=7111873&SID=37170X963217Xcd14e55a6cb609333d44942cf160220f

The only problem I have is that on my Oneplus 6t the 3 cameras do not line up across the screen. Two are on the top and one on the bottom. Can they be resized to fit across the screen?

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up
The only problem I have is that on my Oneplus 6t the 3 cameras do not line up across the screen. Two are on the top and one on the bottom. Can they be resized to fit across the screen?

That's an interesting problem! The cameras should all line up. I'm guessing its an issue with the notch at the top of the screen throwing off the layout. I'll include that fix in my next release (in the next couple of days) if I get it figured out.

That's an interesting problem! The cameras should all line up. I'm guessing its an issue with the notch at the top of the screen throwing off the layout. I'll include that fix in my next release (in the next couple of days) if I get it figured out.

For what it's worth, they line up for me on my Pixel 3 XL with the mother-of-all-notches.

I'm liking it so far, makes scanning through the videos a lot quicker. I'll second the request for tapping a video to go to full screen on that specific clip.

Thanks for putting this together. Do you have any specific plans for your in-app purchase bells and whistles? I'll probably buy whatever it is if it's a few bucks as a thank you.

Reactions: BCNY
Do you have any specific plans for your in-app purchase bells and whistles?

Currently working on adding tap-to-zoom, an enhanced Event list (with thumbnails and event size in MB), and the ability to 'share' videos as premium features (not individually purchasable, just included in a single $3.99 one-time premium upgrade). Plenty of other enhancements are on my board for the base app as well.

If all goes well I'll also be adding in-app video stitching as part of premium, where you can select a time frame and which cameras you want to include and it will save them all as a single video file. I'm not 100% sure I can deliver on that one yet, though.

USB-C to USB-A adaptor ordered... looking forward to using this to answer that annoying, "what happened?" question in the car.

Side question: can a phone like a Googel Pixel 2 support an SSD on a USB cable, or does it only have enough power for a USB drive?

Reactions: teslcls
I am not familiar with how / where the usb stick must be to record via sentry?
Is it necessary to place a usb into one of the usb ports in console so that sentry then records to this location?
Then I use your software to view it from files on usb?
Any details here are appreciated. I have a Dec 2016 FSD Model X with current Hdw 2.0 (will get free upgrade when available)
so I think it should work with my vehicle.