Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free app for viewing TeslaCam and Sentry videos on your Android device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if Tesla plans to have the ability to view incidents from the incident report on the car’s screen?

It seems like a no brainer and unusual that it would have been the set up from day one. Or am I a huge idiot and this functionality already exists?

It doesn't exist yet but I'd expect Tesla to implement it at some point in the future. Not sure where it is on their schedule but the mobile app can do the job in the mean time.

Thanks for this very useful app!!! My sentry seems to generate a lot of videos triggered by wind blowing trees or cars going by. Any chance of adding a couple faster viewing speed options above 2X so I can review them quicker?

Speed above 2x is actually kind of a technical problem. I have an idea for a solution but it might be a couple of weeks before I get it added to the app.

Is this set for Chrome OS? I can't seem to run the software. Thanks
Bob

Honestly I didn't think about Chrome OS. Looks like ktoddstorch did get it to run on a Chrome OS device, though:

Just tried it on my Google Pixel Slate and it worked also. However it shut down a few times while using and wasn't as reliable as the Pixel 3XL. Thank you!!!!!

Weirdly, I have the app set to upload crash reports so that I can address any stability issues, and I don't have any from today. Wonder if the crash reports are blocked by Chrome OS.

Has anyone tried this with videos created after the 2019.16 update? Seems that the Teslacam video encoding was changed to H.265 in that update and I'd like to know if the app is still capable of displaying the videos. It should be fine, but if it won't play them it'll be a real headache.

Has anyone tried this with videos created after the 2019.16 update? Seems that the Teslacam video encoding was changed to H.265 in that update and I'd like to know if the app is still capable of displaying the videos. It should be fine, but if it won't play them it'll be a real headache.
My M3 is updating right now. I will check new clips tomorrow afternoon and will let u know. Thanks a bunch.

Reactions: snailboat
Will this work for every 2017 Mod. S? Mine was built just before 8/17. I can't use a USB with Tesla folder - doesn't work.
Do you have AP 2.5 hardware? I believe that's a requirement to actually capture Sentry video. Looks like 8/2017 was the point where they started putting HW 2.5 in all vehicles, so you're right on the boundary. I'm not sure how to check definitively. If you do have HW 2.5 maybe it's an issue with the flash drives? They need to be formatted in FAT32.

I'll be doing a video review of your app soon :) anything you'd like to me to include? Links in description, etc.
Great! I don't need you to do anything special, just include a link to the app on the Play Store like you were probably going to anyway.

Reactions: DirtyT3sla
That's strange. Even if the Sentry videos were unplayable due to some HW3 change, the events should still show up in the list. The dashcam and sentry videos are stored in the same folder structure, so I'm not sure why the dashcam would work and sentry wouldn't.

Do you have AP 2.5 hardware? I believe that's a requirement to actually capture Sentry video. Looks like 8/2017 was the point where they started putting HW 2.5 in all vehicles, so you're right on the boundary. I'm not sure how to check definitively. If you do have HW 2.5 maybe it's an issue with the flash drives? They need to be formatted in FAT32.

Great! I don't need you to do anything special, just include a link to the app on the Play Store like you were probably going to anyway.

Awesome. Great app. Really impressive.

Very cool!

Hooked up to a Note 8, from a Model 3 HW 2.5, and just updated car to 2019.16.2. Event recording after the update also OK, but several videos are grainy (fuzzy vertical lines with some color but no image at all). Maybe it's in my garage with lights out? Some videos work, some don't. Maybe something related to H264?

Thanks!

Hooked up to a Note 8, from a Model 3 HW 2.5, and just updated car to 2019.16.2. Event recording after the update also OK, but several videos are grainy (fuzzy vertical lines with some color but no image at all). Maybe it's in my garage with lights out? Some videos work, some don't. Maybe something related to H264?
Thanks for the update! I got the update last night so I can test out the new format today.

Plans to make it able to save / share the combined videos?
Yeah, combining videos is something I'll be adding in the next few weeks, probably after I get out an iOS version. I'll be releasing the ability to share/save a selected subset of clips (not stitched together) in the next few days, at least.

• Love
Reactions: BlackEagle