Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Autopilot Trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B5F857D1-E04E-423E-AC5F-80764C1981B0.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: LionAsh
Try setting the follow distance to 3 or 4, brake warning to Early, and the acceleration to Chill for a smoother ride.

Best used in stop/go traffic or flowing traffic on the highway - Far left lane or center lane to avoid it doing wonky jerks at Y splits. Another good place is two lane rural highways where it limits you to 90 km/h (+10 over posted 80 limit). However, still pay attention to Stop signs and controlled intersections.

Personally I love EAP as it allows me to walk into work full of focus vs spending 40minutes of it continuously during the commute across the 401 from Scarborough to Mississauga.

I’ll try that out, thanks.

I got the update to 2018.32.6 on Thursday, and I got the offer for the free Autopilot trial this morning.
Tried it on highway earlier today. It was a bit scary at first as I was going around a big curve and there was an on-ramp as well with lots of cars coming onto the highway. It navigated it well (a bit jerky though). Also got a bit scary when entering a construction zone and the road markings changed to the temporary orange lines and the car didn't seem to compensate well.
However, when on clear well marked highway such as on the 407, it was pretty cool.

Reactions: T3l5aFan
Got the free trial yesterday. It's a little terrifying for the first few km's. Really enjoyed it on the HOV lanes from Toronto to the 403 though.
One thing that did change after the latest update (but may be unrelated) is that the frunk won't open. It pops open but the latch doesn't release. Anyone else have this - or is it just a coincidence?

Got the free trial yesterday. It's a little terrifying for the first few km's. Really enjoyed it on the HOV lanes from Toronto to the 403 though.
One thing that did change after the latest update (but may be unrelated) is that the frunk won't open. It pops open but the latch doesn't release. Anyone else have this - or is it just a coincidence?
My front opens fine on latest update.

I think this us just a coincidence. I upgraded to 32.6 on Friday morning, and then got the free EAP trial this morning. I have had the frunk issue a couple of times previously, not related to any specific software version. Frunk pops open but doesn't fully release from the latch. Just requires a second press of the open button on the touch screen or in the app to fully release it.

I got my trial yesterday as well, wasn't working for yesterday at all kept saying Cruise not available. Called Tesla, they said camera fault and I have to go to the service centre. Get in the car today and it's working :rolleyes:

With regular EAP you have to drive 30-50 km or so for the car to calibrate itself before it becomes available. Maybe that's all that was going on.

My trial popped up this morning, a couple of days after the update loaded. Quite cool from my brief experiments on the way to the airport. Couple of scares too. Going to be fun learning about it and seeing if it can prise a few more thousands from me! :)