Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free "Charging for One Year" End Date???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cars delivered in the last two weeks of December 2020 were given a year of free supercharging. Does anyone know (I am not interested in speculation) when the free year of supercharging ends?

Today being Jan 1, 2021, I checked the nearest supercharger icon info, and it still has no price listed, except the overtime fee. So I went down to there and topped off, at $0.00 cost. My Tesla.com account/Dashboard/Charging confirms the visit as “Free Supercharging”.

Cool, but how long is this free supercharging going to last?

Thanks!
SW

Today I see that our fee charging is gone. Sigh. But now we can charge at home, a bit cheaper than SuperCharging. So we now get to enjoy full tank of electrons every morning, no waiting.

So, thanks Tesla, for the free charging! It was great while it lasted but it is also great that now I can charge at home, at night, no waiting.

We picked up our model Y mid December, and our the first charge of our "year of Free SuperCharging was late January, 1/27/21 and our last was 2/20/22. So it appears that we got a full year free, plus an extra month. Thank you, Tesla.

Reactions: TrooperCA
Upvote 0
So, thanks Tesla, for the free charging!
(Is it rude to quote one's own posts? )

On the other hand, the car was undrivable for 3 moths out the "free" year due to mistakes by Tesla service and looonnnng delays for parts. So a couple more freebie charging months would have been nice.... But then imagining things Tesla should do better could be a full time waste of time.

Upvote 0