Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free charging NOVA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this has already been covered but are there free charging anywhere in the NoVA region? Maybe we can get a consolidated thread/ location of free charging stations. Not talking about referral codes with free charging but actually charging stations that doesn’t cost anything.
Thanks

Not sure about public stations, but if someone is in the area and needs an emergency charge, I'm always happy to offer up my driveway for a couple of hours. In the past, I've had a couple of people reach out to me on plug share to charge up while they did work in Clarendon or Ballston (both a couple of blocks from my house).

I know the whole foods garage in pentagon city has two level 2 chargers that are free. There is also a supercharger in Clarendon and tysons mall.

Target in Mosaic District (off Gallows Road in Fairfax) has three free chargers. The chargers at IAD parking garage are also free (but you need to pay for parking and they are rarely open anyway). Whole Foods almost all have free chargers at their sites.
Wait the ones at iAd parking garage are free? Which ones. Garage 2 has two sets of them. And I believe garage 1 has a set or 2 as well.

With respect to IAD -
There used to be electric parking only available in Garage 2, over hear the handicapped spots by the walkway to the terminal. They are Chargepoint chargers but you don't get charged (or at least didn't used to). Problem was they were almost always filled by cars (even if not charging) because they are so close. That garage is currently closed for construction.

There are now chargers in Garage 1 (the one near the metro station) on level 3, Row H. Those are straight clipper creek J1772 chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: kevinf311