Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Charging Station for CA Businesses w/ >50 employees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
I received the email below - here's the link to the program details and application form: http://www.chargepoint.com/jumpstart/. Since our business is in an office park, I'm going to work with the office park management team to get applications from several businesses and see if we can get a bank of charging stations installed.

-------------

For a limited time only, ChargePoint is giving away electric vehicle (EV) charging stations for the workplace. ChargePoint is making available one FREE charging station to any workplace location that doesn’t already have a ChargePoint station in their parking lot.

ChargePoint’s ‘JumpStart’ program is designed to assist you with encouraging your employer to install a FREE ChargePoint station. Any California employer with more than 50 employees is eligible! This is the perfect opportunity for anyone with sustainability agendas, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) programs, new construction and renovation programs.

To assist your employer in making workplace EV charging prevalent, ChargePoint can also assist in finding a low cost installation provider.

Why are we doing this?
With the ChargePoint JumpStart program, we want to help EV drivers like you get EV charging services at your place of employment. Some of the most progressive and forward-thinking organizations in the world including Google, SAP, 3M, Facebook, Dell and Adobe, provide ChargePoint charging stations for their employees. With ChargePoint JumpStart we’re putting the power to charge in the hands of drivers!

How do you apply?
You can either take the attached offer to the appropriate decision-maker inside your company or apply through the ChargePoint website by October 15, 2012.

The free ChargePoint stations are available on a first come first served basis.

Sincerely,

Team ChargePointFor a limited time only, ChargePoint is giving away electric vehicle (EV) charging stations for the workplace. ChargePoint is making available one FREE charging station to any workplace location that doesn’t already have a ChargePoint station in their parking lot.

ChargePoint’s ‘JumpStart’ program is designed to assist you with encouraging your employer to install a FREE ChargePoint station. Any California employer with more than 50 employees is eligible! This is the perfect opportunity for anyone with sustainability agendas, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) programs, new construction and renovation programs.

To assist your employer in making workplace EV charging prevalent, ChargePoint can also assist in finding a low cost installation provider.

Why are we doing this?
With the ChargePoint JumpStart program, we want to help EV drivers like you get EV charging services at your place of employment. Some of the most progressive and forward-thinking organizations in the world including Google, SAP, 3M, Facebook, Dell and Adobe, provide ChargePoint charging stations for their employees. With ChargePoint JumpStart we’re putting the power to charge in the hands of drivers!

How do you apply?
You can either take the attached offer to the appropriate decision-maker inside your company or apply through the ChargePoint website by October 15, 2012.
Click HERE to apply online.

The free ChargePoint stations are available on a first come first served basis.

Sincerely,

Team ChargePoint

• Informative
Reactions: SuperOmega
Of course it makes it easier to charge for the service. But if a company is unwilling to invest in basic chargers, this (where the majority don't charge a fee) is better than no charger at the workplace. And honestly, there is so much negative energy towards EV drivers, that people seeing you're paying a few bucks a session isn't the end of the world. Just my opinion.

I've worked in more than one office where we had free coffee ... then they decided to charge ... and after employee outrage, they went back to free. It will become a company perk if done right.

- - - Updated - - -

I've probably used over a dozen different ChargePoint charging stations - and have yet to pay a nickel. Most businesses want to offer it as a free service.

I hear you.

Still not a fan of the company and how they are gaming the system. Their plan is to blanket the state and have an ambitious team of sales people who get their pay for charge units everywhere on the taxpayer's dime.

On the flip side you have Clipper Creek who are too nice to pull such shenanigans while at the same time, have the marketing smarts of a typical brilliant engineer.