Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free data for four years!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd rather pay and get better performance.

I agree. However, I think it's the browser more than the connection. I remember I used to get pretty decent performance on my 3G air card and macbook. I think the browser just is so poorly implemented it gets hung up while pages load. Some pages just don't load at all. I am no browser expert and don't understand the technology, but it simply cannot handle some pages. Hopefully we will get an updated browser.

Correct, I pay $10 a month for the playlist, and the playlist is the only thing missing.

FWIW, Premium features working fine here. I added a new playlist yesterday, rebooted center console, and it and all the old ones play. (albeit with the same old sometimes not-too-bad and sometimes almost useless buffering...)

FWIW, Premium features working fine here. I added a new playlist yesterday, rebooted center console, and it and all the old ones play. (albeit with the same old sometimes not-too-bad and sometimes almost useless buffering...)
Hmm... I'd love to see this implementation. Since the new Beats music is killing off MOG only to bring out an inferior product, I'm searching for a replacement.

this is the second time this has happened to me... Napster was killed off when rhapsody took over... Why are people addicted to such horrible music apps. The most popular ones always seem to be the most inferior and have the worst user interface.

For clarification, you have a Premium subscription that you pay for, correct? I would like the ability to rewind a song or replay it, and playlists do sound alluring. I just want to verify that if you want those features you must pay for it and that the Tesla Slacker account is basic only. Thank you.

For clarification, you have a Premium subscription that you pay for, correct? I would like the ability to rewind a song or replay it, and playlists do sound alluring. I just want to verify that if you want those features you must pay for it and that the Tesla Slacker account is basic only. Thank you.

My understanding is that Tesla's account is somewhere between Basic Plus (as it has no commercials/cut-ins) and Premium (Tesla still can't do single-artist stations). It could be a limitation of the in-car software though rather than that of the account itself.

I've switched to my own Premium account but, with little gained in terms of getting rid of the buffering in the past 2-3 days. Slacker's pretty much unusable right now for me. Haven't tried a reboot though...

thanks, I've had this problem before and the center screen reboot always fixed it. I'll try again tomorrow.

Slackers premium ($10) playlist is working again, as far as I can tell the car did a download from Tesla over home Wi-Fi, this re-set Slacker to Tesla's free account (no playlist) it was an easy fix once I understood what Slacker gives Tesla owners with the purchase of a car. To fix it go to controls, then settings, then Apps, select media from the apps and you will get the account log in boxes for both Slacker and Tune in.

Previously it was logged back in by going to the internet media page, touching the Slacker box and a sign in box would pop up for e-mail & password. Something must have changed to re-set slacker to the Tesla account, maybe the Wi-Fi download...

Right. I pay $10/month for a Premium account and I get playlists. Not sure what else, because playing songs on demand (other than playlists) is very spotty at best. FYI, only playlists provide the ability to rewind. Stations only allow unlimited forward skipping.

Even after switching the Slacker account in the car to my own Premium one, nothing plays. It seems to be able to login - as I can see recently searched, etc. - but, the songs never play.

I'm happy to play playlists from the iPhone Slacker app via Bluetooth though. The iPhone 5's LTE connection is much more reliable; no more 3G dead spots on my commute route.

Even after switching the Slacker account in the car to my own Premium one, nothing plays. It seems to be able to login - as I can see recently searched, etc. - but, the songs never play.

I'm happy to play playlists from the iPhone Slacker app via Bluetooth though. The iPhone 5's LTE connection is much more reliable; no more 3G dead spots on my commute route.

On the same page you use to sign into Slacker there's a slider for audio quality, I set mine to medium instead of best and it seemed to help with the buffering / 3G dead spots slightly.

On the same page you use to sign into Slacker there's a slider for audio quality, I set mine to medium instead of best and it seemed to help with the buffering / 3G dead spots slightly.

Thanks, Seven7. I tried this today and it looks like things are working now. I was able to play the playlist from the Premium account. I can't tell the difference in quality either from Best to Medium.

Maybe it is buried somewhere but I don't see that this includes tethering to phones, nor does it allow video playback.

But Audi is only giving buyers 6 free months: http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/10/5491774/audi-att-in-vehicle-lte-pricing-announcement

Which has been the norm. Our A6 got 6 months free (then we popped in a T-Mobile sim we had with an old grandfathered plan) and the Q7 we just got also has 6 months (we'll do the same once it's done). Main change here is that they switched to ATT and went LTE (which is a good move IMO).