Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Electricity from SSE !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having left SSE a few months ago, I wouldn't consider going back to them even with this offer.

Over the several years I was with them I had several letters/e-mails which essentially said "we're increasing our prices because we can" (price cap increase). I had enough eventually and jumped ship - to Bulb where my day rate is closer to my old night rate.

If you do order a car be sure to give them a Tesla referral code to be used on your order. It give us both 1000 free Supercharger miles. Send me a message if you’d like my code ;););)

be rude not to! I hope to order later in the year - no rush for me as my delivery needs to be timed for the new tax year and BIK rates.... will DM you nearer the time.:cool:

Reactions: Roy W.
We've teamed up with Ohme to offer the world's first smart home Electric Vehicle charging cable. | Octopus Energy

Anyone else seen this/ordered one. Looks like a “smart” charging cable that you can program with start/stop times.

at £200 through Octopus it is actually not much more than a standard type 2 cable.
It’s not really just a cable. It has all the “smarts” of a smart charger built in, so it effectively turns any dumb untethered charger into a fully fledged smart charger.

I'm not convinced by SSE's offering. On the face of its 2000kWh of free juice, but looking at the maths involved, I'd have to use every single watt-hour of that "free" electricity to be better off that I am now on the Bulb tariff, and then only by 44p over the year.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: gangzoom and Roy W.