Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Enhanced Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently paid for my "Free EAP". I picked up my Model 3 mid-September and EAP was enabled even though I had not purchased it. For a while I thought it was just the trial, first V8 and then V9. I did not know at the time one had to be prompted for the trial, which I never was. Turns out my car was mis-configured with EAP was enabled, giving it to me for free so to speak.

During my "trial" I was originally glad I had not purchased it. Then the newer version got pushed down and I started to like it. Eventually I realized that my trial never seemed to end and I called Tesla to pay for it. They told me that only the service centers could sell me EAP. I made an appointment and got it paid for (although at first they wanted to charge me $7,000 to which I protested as being unfair).

A bit easier in China.

• Love
Reactions: WallyP and MXWing
During my "trial" I was originally glad I had not purchased it. Then the newer version got pushed down and I started to like it. Eventually I realized that my trial never seemed to end and I called Tesla to pay for it.

Are you crazy!? You’re the fist I heard that voluntarily paid for the included EAP.

I wish I didn’t buy EAP initially and hope to have gotten it for free. I wouldn’t call them to pay for it LoL

I recently paid for my "Free EAP". I picked up my Model 3 mid-September and EAP was enabled even though I had not purchased it. For a while I thought it was just the trial, first V8 and then V9. I did not know at the time one had to be prompted for the trial, which I never was. Turns out my car was mis-configured with EAP was enabled, giving it to me for free so to speak.

During my "trial" I was originally glad I had not purchased it. Then the newer version got pushed down and I started to like it. Eventually I realized that my trial never seemed to end and I called Tesla to pay for it. They told me that only the service centers could sell me EAP. I made an appointment and got it paid for (although at first they wanted to charge me $7,000 to which I protested as being unfair).

A bit easier in China.

wow did any else have this happen? My test drive one didn't have it activated, supposedly but it worked when I tried it.

A bit easier in China.

Your honesty is admirable.

My nephew has free EAP and I’ve wondered when Tesla would ever catch that and turn it off.

Maybe the time you are caught is when you want to get FSD or the AP3 hardware.

Your honesty is admirable.

My nephew has free EAP and I’ve wondered when Tesla would ever catch that and turn it off.

Maybe the time you are caught is when you want to get FSD or the AP3 hardware.
Thanks. I found it funny that I could not correct this with a call to Tesla, instead they insisted I had to go to a service center. By coincidence my frunk failed (would no longer release the secondary latch) so I had to make an appointment anyway. A downside for me of doing this at a service center is that it cost me more (something like $400 more) to get EAP since I now had to pay sales tax on the purchase. I live in NH where there is no sales tax but the nearest SC is in MA, where there is.
Anyway, it is all straightened out now and all good.
Has your nephew had a first service appointment yet? I wonder if they would notice the configuration error during a routine check or not. Maybe I should have waited to the end of my appointment to bring it up instead of doing this at check-in. ;)

Has your nephew had a first service appointment yet? I wonder if they would notice the configuration error during a routine check or not. Maybe I should have waited to the end of my appointment to bring it up instead of doing this at check-in. ;)

Multiple service appointments and not a peep.

Even if they did notice it (no, they don't check), it doesn't benefit to tech to drop a hammer on someone just to pound out $5,000 worth of justice to the company. Angry customer and doesn't produce bonus checks for the tech, their manager, managers manager, etc.

Ask me how I know about running businesses and having employees who DGAF...

I MYSELF if I owned Tesla Inc, (well.. I guess I do own 1/500,000) I certainly would have given you a discount to cover your tax liability for being honest.. even offer sweet incentive to add FSD just because honesty rocks..

Tesla also REALLY shouldn't be charging taxes on digital downloads for most states - that define software as delivered on physical media but I digress.

CA will be pissed if they are not getting tax revenue from EAP/FSD purchases even though they are not entitled to it.

Reactions: OPRCE