Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free giant scratch from Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this scratch today 2 day after picked it up from service center. The scratch starts from the bottom plastic piece going all the way up.

I know it is too late to call service center for the damage. It was my problem that I did not catch it during pick up. I was aware that they might damage the car during service from some youtubers advised, so I checked carefully around the areas they did service, but did not pay attention to the front bumper.

Free advice to everyone who is going to send your car to service center, take some pics when you drop you car, and check thoroughly when picking up. It is pain in the ass to deal with Tesla after placing the order.

Attachments

• 20200812_130451.jpg
    20200812_130451.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
They dented the trunk lid edge pretty badly on my X a week after I got it and I didn't notice till the next day. They never accepted fault though. Every other time I always have the dirty finger/boot marks somewhere. Improvements needed for sure.

I would call them anyway. That totally sucks. Ugh.

I was thinking they would not bother to answer me anyway.

By following your advice, I tried to contact them, and the service advisor called me back and offered to replace the bumper for free. I told them I am scared to let their technicians do anything to the car. And, I am ok if they could figure out an easy fix without replacing the bumper because I do not want to redo the PPF for whole bumper. Unfortunately, replacing the bumper is easier for them I believe.

I was thinking they would not bother to answer me anyway.

By following your advice, I tried to contact them, and the service advisor called me back and offered to replace the bumper for free. I told them I am scared to let their technicians do anything to the car. And, I am ok if they could figure out an easy fix without replacing the bumper because I do not want to redo the PPF for whole bumper. Unfortunately, replacing the bumper is easier for them I believe.
If they admit they did the damage, they have to (pay to) replace the ppf as well.

They should return the car in the same condition they received it. That includes ppf or any other mods you had made it into the car. If they damaged the PPF they need to fix that.

If they admit they did the damage, they have to (pay to) replace the ppf as well.

They should return the car in the same condition they received it. That includes ppf or any other mods you had made it into the car. If they damaged the PPF they need to fix that.

SA did not admit that they damaged the car, but she said she will replace the bumper to make me happy with the car.

Reactions: DennyL
It's unfortunate that if you take the car to the Service Center, you often times get your reported issues fixed, but come home with additional issues. One step forward, two steps back.

I had them re-align my backseats and found grease on the headliner (I cleaned that myself) and scratches on the plastic trim next to the seats. I demanded that they replace these. I had them fix a small tiny dent in my otherwise perfect hood - and they fixed the hood, but left swirl marks in my hood. I'll use my random orbital w/ some one-step to fix it. Glad I'm done dealing with them for the short term.

It's unfortunate that if you take the car to the Service Center, you often times get your reported issues fixed, but come home with additional issues. One step forward, two steps back.

I had them re-align my backseats and found grease on the headliner (I cleaned that myself) and scratches on the plastic trim next to the seats. I demanded that they replace these. I had them fix a small tiny dent in my otherwise perfect hood - and they fixed the hood, but left swirl marks in my hood. I'll use my random orbital w/ some one-step to fix it. Glad I'm done dealing with them for the short term.

Exactly. Today, I found the black trim above the wheel is loose after they fixed rear fascia. One push pin was on the fender, but not hooked to the trim. It took me a while to fix it myself. Plus, I installed the carbon fiber decal on door handles, the day I picked up the car, I saw a long scratch on it. I did not bother them for it because the decal is cheap, but I was wondering what happened if these was no protection on the handle?

Their technicians are so unprofessional.

I found this scratch today 2 day after picked it up from service center. The scratch starts from the bottom plastic piece going all the way up.

I know it is too late to call service center for the damage. It was my problem that I did not catch it during pick up. I was aware that they might damage the car during service from some youtubers advised, so I checked carefully around the areas they did service, but did not pay attention to the front bumper.

Free advice to everyone who is going to send your car to service center, take some pics when you drop you car, and check thoroughly when picking up. It is pain in the ass to deal with Tesla after placing the order.

that’s a huge seem gap with your PPF. The two pieces should be touching edge to edge. I’d definitely have that redone after the bumper repair.