Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FREE Key In-Car Delivery @ Amazon.com (Not available with Tesla...)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed one year ago that Amazon was offering FREE In-Car Delivery @ Amazon.com for Prime members in select cities.

However Key In-Car delivery is only available for Acura, Buick, Cadillac, Ford, GMC, Honda, Lincoln, and Volvo... (and Rivian, may be)

And it requires an active connected car service plan, such as OnStar and On Call, FordPass Connect,
Lincoln Connect, HondaLink Remote Package, and AcuraLink Remote Package.

Do you think thiis would be valuable since the Tesla App offers remote Frunk and Trunk opening?

Should Elon contact Jeff... Who?

I think they need to have a third party service they can have an arrangement with. I doubt Tesla would work since it takes 30 minutes on hold to get to Tesla. Seriously.

Ideally no humans would be involved. It would use the same API that the mobile app and third-party apps use. You'd need to share an authorization token with Amazon. It would be nice if Tesla supplied "trunk access only" keys though, because a regular token also allows unlocking doors and driving the car.

Ideally no humans would be involved. It would use the same API that the mobile app and third-party apps use. You'd need to share an authorization token with Amazon. It would be nice if Tesla supplied "trunk access only" keys though, because a regular token also allows unlocking doors and driving the car.
Really doubt the other arrangements are software available to Amazon; etc. Anyone have details? That seems like a lot of work. Are there other third- party arrangements that OnStar etc have set up with other parties where they have API access?

But it’s definitely not hardware keys. :D

Really doubt the other arrangements are software available to Amazon; etc.
Anyone have details? That seems like a lot of work.
Are there other third- party arrangements that OnStar etc have set up with other parties where they have API access?
But it’s definitely not hardware keys. :D
The Amazom Prime delivery allows you to include some delivery options.

I assume you could mention: "Leave inside trunk of car parked in the driveway with license number ..."

Since you can trace now the location of the Amazon delivery truck on a map (cool feature), you could unlock your trunk at the right time.

The delivery person also sends now a picture of the parcel delivered location (another cool feature).

So, may be this is a simple way to proceed?

But they won’t. They aren’t going to assume you are watching them and abort if you aren’t and deal with all that. I barely believe they waste time on car delivery at all since the car isn’t a fixed object and needs to be there. Doing it for Teslas with no automatic access ain’t gonna happen.

• Disagree
Reactions: doghousePVD