Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Ludicrous a better value?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to upgrade from my current AP1 Model S and am conflicted on which to order. Taking advantage of the free Ludicrous offer, I’m effectively choosing between (with all upgrades)
  • Long Range for $97,500
  • Performance with Ludicrous: $108,500 (normally $128,500)
So, $11,000 different in purchase price. However would the PL be a better value resale wise? Or does ludicrous not really have much value later down the line? Thoughts?

Keep in mind, "free" Ludicrous is ONLY for owners who purchased a NEW Tesla. Not a resale, not a CPO, not a used. Also, get assistance on the order from a Store/Design Center. They configure without Ludicrous and work magic on the back end adding Ludicrous as a separate option after the Reservation Number is assigned (RN). The process is a little "clunky", since Ludicrous is on the invoice $20,000 initially...(price before Taxes, Fees and Discounts). I am told it will discounted after your eligible Tesla ownership is validated.

I just called and asked. I was called back and told no, the free supercharging for life was not transferred. I neglected to ask if I could get the free Ludicrous Mode and use my referral code for 5,000 free supercharger miles. Waiting to hear back on that one.

I just called and asked. I was called back and told no, the free supercharging for life was not transferred. I neglected to ask if I could get the free Ludicrous Mode and use my referral code for 5,000 free supercharger miles. Waiting to hear back on that one.

U should be able to self refer I have done that with my last X

Keep in mind, "free" Ludicrous is ONLY for owners who purchased a NEW Tesla. Not a resale, not a CPO, not a used. Also, get assistance on the order from a Store/Design Center. They configure without Ludicrous and work magic on the back end adding Ludicrous as a separate option after the Reservation Number is assigned (RN). The process is a little "clunky", since Ludicrous is on the invoice $20,000 initially...(price before Taxes, Fees and Discounts). I am told it will discounted after your eligible Tesla ownership is validated.

I bought mine used on Oct 2018 and received this email:

Tesla Email said:
Experience the longest-range electric vehicles in production — now able to travel 10 percent farther on a single charge.

With an all-new drivetrain design, Model S and Model X Long Range can now achieve a landmark 370 miles and 325 miles, respectively. Combined with a brand-new adaptive suspension system, these improvements deliver the best range, acceleration and ride comfort ever. Learn more.

As an existing owner, you will receive a free Ludicrous Mode upgrade, a $20,000 value, if you purchase a new Model S or Model X Performance car.

Refer a friend before May 28, 2019 to earn our latest Referral Program benefits including 5,000 free Supercharger miles and five chances to win a Founders Series Model Y or Roadster.
Share your referral code: [URL="https://ts.la/christopher75862"]Free Supercharger Miles [/URL]

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
That brings up an interesting question. Obviously if you sell your car with free supercharging and buy a new one, then you're going to lose that perk.

But if some numpty goes and writes off your free supercharging enabled car in, say, a horrendous not-your-fault accident you're lucky to walk away from (because you're in a Tesla of course) it'd really suck to then have to buy another one without it.

Would Tesla honour a transfer then I wonder?

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Has anyone heard from Tesla about how long the free ludicrous offer might be good for?
I am tempted. I have an AP 2.0 2016 S90D. Would love the range increase
Downsides for me are the added cost and losing free supercharging

For me, free supercharging seems overrated for many of us
If I go on a trip that requires supercharging the first few hundred miles is covered by my home charge, after that for an average year I might use 1000-2000 miles that require supercharging.,
so maybe 800Kw per year max for me, probably less. Roughly a $200 max value per year for me

• Informative
Reactions: Lasairfion