Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free model 3 passenger side mirror guts- no housing, no mirror surface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somebody who is not me but is not not my wife knocked the passenger side mirror off of our Model 3 last winter. She was backing in and bent the mirror backward. This broke the housing and the mirror glass itself. The rest of the mechanism is fine- it still works to fold and unfold. There is one black triangular trim panel, which could probably be made to fit if you need it to, though there is a tab or two that snapped off. If you don't use it for your car and are good with electronics maybe you could adapt it to make a Rube Goldberg gizmo in your home or something. I don't know how this would be useful for anybody but maybe I'll be surprised. Tesla wouldn't sell me the housing and/or mirror separately, it just came as a whole unit, I think about $475 for the whole deal.

This happened last February. The service center had a two-week wait for this kind of repair so I went and bought a replacement from the Chicago service center and replaced it myself- it was pretty easy. If you want to DIY, know that if I could do it in 10º weather, you can do it. There are videos on YouTube to follow.

Free, but you pay for shipping. It will come in the box that the replacement came in.

Attachments

• IMG_0600.jpeg
    IMG_0600.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0601.jpeg
    IMG_0601.jpeg
    422.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0602.jpeg
    IMG_0602.jpeg
    460.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0603.jpeg
    IMG_0603.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0604.jpeg
    IMG_0604.jpeg
    438.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0605.jpeg
    IMG_0605.jpeg
    506.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0606.jpeg
    IMG_0606.jpeg
    512.3 KB · Views: 90
Somebody who is not me but is not not my wife knocked the passenger side mirror off of our Model 3 last winter. She was backing in and bent the mirror backward. This broke the housing and the mirror glass itself. The rest of the mechanism is fine- it still works to fold and unfold. There is one black triangular trim panel, which could probably be made to fit if you need it to, though there is a tab or two that snapped off. If you don't use it for your car and are good with electronics maybe you could adapt it to make a Rube Goldberg gizmo in your home or something. I don't know how this would be useful for anybody but maybe I'll be surprised. Tesla wouldn't sell me the housing and/or mirror separately, it just came as a whole unit, I think about $475 for the whole deal.

This happened last February. The service center had a two-week wait for this kind of repair so I went and bought a replacement from the Chicago service center and replaced it myself- it was pretty easy. If you want to DIY, know that if I could do it in 10º weather, you can do it. There are videos on YouTube to follow.

Free, but you pay for shipping. It will come in the box that the replacement came in.
Hi, unfortunately I had the exact same accident on my Model Y. The only thing broken is the bottom cover. Do you know if Tesla sells this piece only or do I need to get the entire assembly?

Attachments

• IMG_2795.jpg
    IMG_2795.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2796.jpg
    IMG_2796.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 69
Sorry I didn't see this earlier- gotta check my settings.
Hate to say it, but at least when I had to deal with this last February, it was all or nothing. You couldn't get just the housing or the mirror, only the entire assembly, $620 at the dealer. But of course, you had to indicate which color your car was for the housing to match- so why not allow that to be ordered separately? I don't know.

You are right. I went to a service center today and was told the same thing. Need to replace the entire thing. Upon searching, I found the part on Ali Express. So I ordered but will take weeks to get here from China. At least it is a solution. Thanks.

You are right. I went to a service center today and was told the same thing. Need to replace the entire thing. Upon searching, I found the part on Ali Express. So I ordered but will take weeks to get here from China. At least it is a solution. Thanks.
Can you please link me to the part that you ordered? My bottom cover broke too, rest everything else works so hoping I can use this!