Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Month Trial on auto-pilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone seen know if this free month trial on auto-pilot is actuate or balls?

Google: "free month trial auto-pilot Tesla" and you'll see a heap of reports on it...none of if it's bogus or not.

upload_2016-4-21_16-52-0.png

-ECIT

Everyone from Autoblog to The Verge are reporting the same thing so it's likely legitimate.
Tesla have been fitting the hardware and only charging to enable it for a while now.
It's $4,500 to enable it after delivery which may even work out cheaper than buying it at delivery where LCT and stamp duty apply, all depends if the $4,500 includes GST or not, likely not.

I got a quote for Auto-pilot upgrade for my car...I didn't buy it when I ordered the car because:

1. It wasn't actually released
2. As you said, it was cheaper to buy it afterwards avoiding LCT

I was about to purchase but then saw the Free Month Auto-Pilot plastered all over the place on the net....it would be nice to have a free month to decide if I really want it.

The price does include GST, see attached image:

upload_2016-4-21_17-47-50.png

-ECIT

Got it! Free one month trial started!

Started with a question like the first photo in this thread asking if I wanted to have a free one month trial, next came up the below screen:

thumb_IMG_3888_1024.jpg

Whole process then only took 2 minutes to activate. Afterwards this message popped up:

thumb_IMG_3889_1024.jpg

In settings I now have this:

thumb_IMG_3890_1024.jpg

I did nothing to get this trial, just waited...I did request Nathan at my SC in Richmond and I know he sent off a few emails requests so maybe this helped to push me up in the queue?

-ECIT

I am guessing of the AP capable cars out there more than 80% of folks already have AP turned ON and are enjoying it.

Of the remaining 20% I would again guess more than 80% of those that try it out during this free trial will end up buying the feature.

It is that good and addictive.

Yes, most likely....but summons doesn't work all that good for me (for me at home, tried it tonight a number of times and it's pretty crap)....I am a bit of a parking Nazi so like to get it just right to avoid door dings so that just lives auto-pilot so I have to decide if the AUD$4,500 is worth it...I actually really like the Active Cruise control thus far....much better than in my Merc and RangeRover.

I have a long drive to a customers tomorrow, 10 hour day and then a long return trip (all on the highway virtually)...if my 4 year old gets me up a number of times tonight I dare say by tomorrow night auto-pilot will become a buy ;-)

In truth I always intended to buy it, just wanted to avoid LCT's here in Australia....was just about to buy when I heard of the free 30 day trial.

-ECIT