Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free premium Connectivity ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed. It also depends on what sort of music you listen to. Some stuff (Nelly Furtado springs to mind) is pretty
I personally find Waze far superior to the in car nav anyway. In the Lakes this weekend there were all kind of dangerous roads signed “Dangerous Track DO NOT FOLLOW SAT NAV”.

The car wanted to send me down them. Waze knew before we even got there. I guess that’s the beauty of a crowd sourced navigation system.

In regardless to everything else premium connectivity wise, as annoying as it is I’ll hotspot from iPhone LTE for now.
What was a "Dangerous track".. like bad surface or something?

@Rajanm1 - the question seems a little ambiguous...

1...how do you use Google/Waze as the navigation system?

The Tesla navigation system is based on Google maps & the cars current position is shown on screen (also for anyone else logged into the Tesla phone app - including showing the car moving). Waze is not active on the in-car navigation.

2...how do you send an address to the navigation system?

With Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps you can send an address to the car & update the navigation system as the active route.

Sorry if this has been answered already, tried to scan the thread but it was too long. Without the premium subscription (my free year up in about a month) does the nav still account for traffic but you can't see it, or does it stop navigating around jams etc?

<rant>
None of it is worth £10/month, but this is the 1 feature I actually care about.
I'm glad I'm not a spotify user. To 'properly' use it in the car will be £20/month after paying tesla for their fee and a spotify account that you can gather all your music into lists etc on.
I would happily give them £120 tho to have music from the SSD auto continue at the end of an album. I hate having to pick music on their crummy interface. Just select a random for me please, everything on there is mine so acceptable, if I don't fancy something right now, give me a big 'next' button.
</rant>

Sorry if this has been answered already, tried to scan the thread but it was too long. Without the premium subscription (my free year up in about a month) does the nav still account for traffic but you can't see it, or does it stop navigating around jams etc?

<rant>
None of it is worth £10/month, but this is the 1 feature I actually care about.
I'm glad I'm not a spotify user. To 'properly' use it in the car will be £20/month after paying tesla for their fee and a spotify account that you can gather all your music into lists etc on.
I would happily give them £120 tho to have music from the SSD auto continue at the end of an album. I hate having to pick music on their crummy interface. Just select a random for me please, everything on there is mine so acceptable, if I don't fancy something right now, give me a big 'next' button.
</rant>
Routing still takes into account live traffic, but it’s no longer displayed on the map.

Did my first long drive on Wifi yesterday. It worked great, until my phone hit a blackspot with no data coverage.
The car seemed to detect no web connection was possible and disconnected from Wifi.

Connecting it again whilst driving was then near impossible to do safely so I had to pull over to connect again.

I know this sounds like a real pain to save £10 a month but I already pay for unlimited data monthly on my mobile phone so it does seem worth trying to use that if I can.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

I don't suppose anyone has heard anything more on this? My connectivity is scheduled to expire in a few weeks and I don't know whether to pay or hold out. It is more the principle than the cost as the initial price was unexpectedly dropped during the order process.

I initially ordered in a period where it was not quoted as time-limited (£2k down in early May).
In June I got an email saying 'your order has been modified', but I believe this was just to show the government grant on the invoice.
In July Tesla changed the price of the LR (admittedly downwards) and I got another 'your order has been modified' email. I don't know if that constitutes a new agreement? I didn't change my specification and on the new invoice it still states "Order placed with electronically accepted terms 06/05/2019".

I haven't received an email yet stating that it is expiring, but I think once I do I will go back to the email address mentioned in this thread and question it.

Hoping for some positive feedback. :)

I don't suppose anyone has heard anything more on this? My connectivity is scheduled to expire in a few weeks and I don't know whether to pay or hold out. It is more the principle than the cost as the initial price was unexpectedly dropped during the order process.

I initially ordered in a period where it was not quoted as time-limited (£2k down in early May).
In June I got an email saying 'your order has been modified', but I believe this was just to show the government grant on the invoice.
In July Tesla changed the price of the LR (admittedly downwards) and I got another 'your order has been modified' email. I don't know if that constitutes a new agreement? I didn't change my specification and on the new invoice it still states "Order placed with electronically accepted terms 06/05/2019".

I haven't received an email yet stating that it is expiring, but I think once I do I will go back to the email address mentioned in this thread and question it.

Hoping for some positive feedback. :)
Still nothing here other than the blanket email all us complainers received.

My premium connectivity ran out in August. I haven’t paid. The grey maps definitely aren’t as pretty as the Google maps, but I’ve actually found them a bit clearer for spotting things of interest.

Reactions: GT_M3
Still nothing here other than the blanket email all us complainers received.

My premium connectivity ran out in August. I haven’t paid. The grey maps definitely aren’t as pretty as the Google maps, but I’ve actually found them a bit clearer for spotting things of interest.

Mine has expired and been using tethering since. Works pretty well most of the time apart from when the signal drops and then WiFi disconnects and I need to connect again to wifi

I got my email today informing me my Premium Connectivity ends in 2 weeks time. I previously received an email to say that it was being sorted out for those that had it included in their price I.e. not complimentary. I will let it expire and wait in anticipation for their proposal.

Reactions: Roy W.
I emailed them last week chasing them up to see if they had an update for those that should get it free. I got an email from customer services to say nothing has changed you will have to pay unless you hear otherwise. I sent a strongly worded email back about how disappointed I was and the option that I may consider legal action due to miss selling the service.

Reactions: Keeper
I emailed them last week chasing them up to see if they had an update for those that should get it free. I got an email from customer services to say nothing has changed you will have to pay unless you hear otherwise. I sent a strongly worded email back about how disappointed I was and the option that I may consider legal action due to miss selling the service.

When did you order?