Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Premium Connectivity is back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a renewal email from tesla this evening.

I had received one last month and subscribed, but then my car switched over to included connectivity and they never charged me.

now I have to re-renew all over again.

this is more annoying than if they'd never given it free....

I appear to have gotten it. Got my car March of this year in WA state.
image.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks premium connectivity is crap? Since I started paying for it I’ve notice that it’s WAAAAAY slower than when it was free. I won’t be renewing next month. Totally not worth it. Wish there was a SIM card slot so I could add it to my mobile phone account.

• Informative
Reactions: pcons
Yeah, the group lawsuit in Quebec or Canada in general was for a specific period where the web site was misleading. I myself thought I would get lifetime connectivity if I bought the LR AWD but not if I bought the SR+. The website led us to believe that. They have since corrected the website, and given lifetime connectivity to cars bought in that period.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Yeah, the group lawsuit in Quebec or Canada in general was for a specific period where the web site was misleading. I myself thought I would get lifetime connectivity if I bought the LR AWD but not if I bought the SR+. The website led us to believe that. They have since corrected the website, and given lifetime connectivity to cars bought in that period.

Whatever the case I’m very happy I don’t have to pay for premium connectivity
Thank you Tesla!!!

Weird... I miss everything these days lol.

I only just found out today that premium was re-instated on my March 2019 Model 3. It stopped working in May and a few months back I stopped using the wifi (soooo annoying having to reconnect every time I shift out of P) and simply used mp3 via Bluetooth. It wasn't until today that an update came through and I was looking through the Software screen and noticed "Premium: included". I turned satellite back on.

Then I came here to see if I fluked out, and now see this thread from October. So I assume I had it since October and just didn't notice.

I guess i can now cancel my lawsuit. I'm glad to see Tesla has done the right thing. For those that don't realize: Tesla's Canadian site wasn't updated to say "1 year included" for many, many months after they changed the US site. That might just be an "oops" to some, but it is pretty important. They clearly stopped offering lifetime premium in the US since July 2018 or whatever, but in Canada the site didn't change until after April of 2019. Since the site automatically directs Canadians to the Canadian site, we really had no practical way of knowing that Tesla intended it to be 1 year. That impacted our decision on whether or not to purchase the (rather expensive) premium upgrade. It did for me anyway. So when it was taken from me... yeah, I felt cheated and it genuinely was a blindside as I had no idea about the July '18 thing. After reviewing my contract, I filed a suit in BC with the CRT (Civil Resolution Tribunal - sort of like small claims, but even smaller/easier) but I never got around to serving Tesla. I didn't really want to, but what they did was wrong. Again, glad they've corrected it. I wish they would have communicated it though... they "stole" it from me for 6 months and then didn't bother to tell me when I got it back. so that's 8 months. Still... thanks Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: gaswalla