Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Preview/Trial of FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla give all new cars a free trial/preview of FSD? If so, how long?

I’m looking at a 2020 LR AWD that someone traded in after 27 days of ownership. The dealer has FSD listed, but they do not have a copy of the build sheet or order agreement.

The AP screen shows: Auto Steer, Navigate on AP, FSD Visualization Preview, and Summon.

I called Tesla to see if they could look into it. I provided the VIN and they said the original order doesn’t show FSD but their system doesn’t show if the owner ever added it after the fact?

Any ideas?

When I bought my model 3 last april, they had a 30 day trial for FSD, and if i wanted to buy the package, they would knock off 500$. FSD was 5k at that time. I'm not sure if they still do trials though, but i've definitely seen other discussions on the forum. you may want to search for them.

Does Tesla give all new cars a free trial/preview of FSD? If so, how long?

I’m looking at a 2020 LR AWD that someone traded in after 27 days of ownership. The dealer has FSD listed, but they do not have a copy of the build sheet or order agreement.

The AP screen shows: Auto Steer, Navigate on AP, FSD Visualization Preview, and Summon.

I called Tesla to see if they could look into it. I provided the VIN and they said the original order doesn’t show FSD but their system doesn’t show if the owner ever added it after the fact?

Any ideas?

I thought that all 3 would have FSD Visualization Preview enabled if they are current on software? Also, how does Tesla not know if that VIN paid for and upgraded to FSD after purchase?! They had to have enabled it on that car! Seems like a lazy answer from Tesla.